Water, Water Everywhere
- Eye Scoop. Holt, Emily // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/14/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 79, p4
The article presents thoughts and ideas from American chef Alice Waters regarding current topics on tasting.
- Expo East 2012: The Lament of Alice Waters. Vosburgh, Robert // Supermarket News Expert Blog;9/24/2012, p9
The article cites the call made by Alice Waters of the natural/organic food movement in the U.S. for food industry stakeholders to reject the "fast food" culture by supporting California's Proposition 37, a mandate that requires the labeling of foods with genetically modified ingredients.
- Your Environment. // Scholastic Choices;Oct2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p2
The article focuses on the number of plastic bottles that are thrown in the U.S. and the environmental problems associated with it.
- EXPERTS SUGGEST THE PERFECT AIRLINE MEAL. // Conde Nast Traveler;Mar2006, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p60
The article presents several airline meals suggested by several food experts. According to chef Ron DeSantis, anything that can be stew or braise are best for airline meals. Author Harold McGee has suggested that fine sausage that would hold up without preservatives. Chef Alice Waters stated...
- SUPERFRESH. // U.S. News & World Report;8/15/2005, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p63
Profiles Alice Waters, a restaurant owner who focused on serving foods made with fresh ingredients. Her opening of Chez Panisse in 1971; How Waters shunned large factory farms for local, organic farms for her produce; Efforts of Waters to get produce from the fields to the table as quickly as...
- FOOD FIGHT. Anderson, John // Variety;12/22/2008, Vol. 413 Issue 6, p26
The article reviews the documentary film "Food Fight," directed by Chris Taylor and featuring chef Alice Waters, which explores changes in the food industry.
- FOOD FIGHT. Wartman, Kristin // New Labor Forum (Sage Publications Inc.);Fall2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p74
The article focuses on food movement in the U.S. It mentions that debates on food system, which strengthened the industrial food system, was brought by food movement heroes like Alice Waters and Michael Pollan. It states that a hard-to-get ingredients like rare heirloom tomatoes, ramps, and...
- BACK TO THEIR senses. Vreeland, Curtis // Candy Industry;Nov2012, Vol. 177 Issue 11, p18
The article offers the insights of experts from the food industry on the emergence of confectionery trends, which were discussed during the Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore, Maryland in September 2012. Alice Waters of the slow food movement says that people has to bring the community in a...
- Keep it simple: a lesson from the Californian school of cookery. Skidelsky, William // New Statesman;11/17/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4664, p56
Discusses the Californian style cooking by Sally Clarke, proprietor of Clarke's restaurant in London. Background of Clarke in the food industry; Description of California style cooking; Comparison of Clarke's restaurant to Chez Panisse, an American restaurant found by Alice Waters; Examples of...