Compass Group Brings 'Martin Yan' to New York
- Yum pins outlook for fast-casual upstart on namesake TV chef Yan. Liddle, Alan J. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/5/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p1
Outlines the plan of chef Martin Yan to open a full-service Asian concept at the Yan Can restaurant in San Jose, California. Joint venture with Yum! Brand Inc.; Foods served at the restaurant; Range of menu prices.
- NRN elects celeb chef Yan to 2004 MenuMasters Hall of Fame. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/22/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the appointment of celebrity chef Martin Yan to the 2004 MenuMasters Hall of Fame by the "Nation's Restaurant News" in Chicago, Illinois. Career highlights; Contribution of Yan to the food service industry; Achievements of Yan.
- Compass to have first executive chef for UK. Druce, Chris // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/28/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4482, p7
The article presents an update on issues related to catering company Compass Group in Great Britain as of June 2007. The company has decided to form its first British executive chef role that has been approved by notable people in the food service industry. The Restaurant Associates arm of...
- Food, Drink, Song Set for CafÃ© Tu Tu Tango. Chao, Fifi // Orange County Business Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p37
Features several restaurants in California. CafÃ© Tu Tu Tango artsy restaurant; Native Foods restaurant owned by singer Barry Manilow; SensAsian restaurant owned by celebrity chef Martin Yan.
- The 2011 Clean Plate Awards. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Oct2011, Vol. 110 Issue 10, p23
The article offers information on the 2011 top dishes of restaurateurs in the U.S. including Gramercy Tavern's Juliette Pope, Graffiato's Mike Isabella, and M.Y. China's Martin Yan. Pope's top picks include Trestle on Tenth's Steak Tartare, Craft Restaurant's Braised Corn, and John Dory's Oyster...
- new contract scoreboard. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
A list of food service management contracts and contractors in the U.S. is presented. The list includes the Compass Group of Charlotte, North Carolina, Vegas Grand Prix of Las Vegas, Nevada, and Ropes & Grey LLP of New York City.
- Fifi's Favs: The Newest, Sexiest, Tastiest OC Eateries. // Orange County Business Journal;1/3/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p13
The article presents news briefs related to hospitality industry. Martin Yan's SensAsian and Yan Can eateries dazzled everyone with their fusion food. Martin is PBS-TV's most widely watched chef. His program "Yan Can Cook" is translated into several languages and shown around the world. The...
- A Born Leader. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p54
The article features Rick Post, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of food services for the Compass Group. He states that he learned from his family that working hard was the way to succeed in business. He emphasizes the importance of responsibility in dealing with his family, friends,...
- Size matters. Dando, Pat // New Products Magazine;Oct2007, p56
The article looks at attempts of restaurants to implement portion control in the U.S. As the industry experiments on the appropriate portion size, it has been found that eventually, it would be the consumers' judgment. Citing the burger category, White Castle has reportedly found its market with...