UC Santa Cruz Goes Officially Green
- UMD Dining Serves Campus-Raised Lamb. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/31/2014, p5
The article reports on the plan of University of Maryland Dining Services to serve lamb raised on the school's campus as of October 2014 at its 251 North dining venue and its Green Tidings food truck to reduce the carbon footprint of the dining operation while supporting other departments within...
- CAMPUS DINING HALLS ELIMINATE TRAYS, AIM FOR ZERO WASTE. // BioCycle;Nov2008, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p10
This article discusses a study by ARAMARK Higher Education indicating that the elimination of cafeteria trays can reduce the amount of food waste at universities. This study involved measurements of food waste at Oberlin College in Ohio and Portland State University in Oregon. Strategies for...
- 'Fast Track' to Student Recruits. // Food Management;Nov2001, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p9
Focuses on the Fast Track to Management, a program by the Colleges Dining Services Department in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. Description of the program; Steps to participate in the program; Penalty to breached contract.
- Supervising Food Service. Sandeen, C. Arthur; Barr, Margaret J. // Student Affairs Leader;9/15/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p6
The article provides an answer to a question on what should be done to improve the campus food service operation.
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- Senator's Defeat Dims Outlook for 'College Costs Savings' Bill. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p71
Reports on the impact of the defeat of North Carolina Senator Lauch Faircloth to the United States Senate's College Costs Savings Act of 1998 aimed to prohibit post-secondary educational institutions from requiring the purchase of goods and services from on-campus businesses. Potential impact...
- Venerable Ga. Tech dining hall renovated. // Food Management;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p16
Reports the renovation of Britain Dining Hall of the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, Georgia. Designer of Britain; Alliance between the institute, a group of alumni and foodservice provider Sodexho Campus Dining Services; Record of the dining hall to the National Historical Registry.
- STUDENTS POINT BROWSERS TO FOOD: Online ordering clicks in CA colleges. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Provides information on the online ordering services available to students and university food service departments in southern California. Information on Earl's: The Online Experience at the University of California-San Diego; Room service at the University of Southern California.