- WITH ARAMARK ON-BOARD: Duke sets dining overhaul. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the campus dining agreement signed by Duke University in Durham, North Carolina and Aramark. Value of the deal; Duties of Aramark; Food concepts to be introduced in the campus.
- Aramark `sells' parents on school food. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p18
Reports on the efforts of Aramark Corp. to invite parents of school children to programs involving school foodservice in Rhode Island.
- Renovate '98 helps Duval County school cafeterias attract students. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p52
Highlights Aramark Corp.'s successful implementation of its Renovate '98 foodservice program at the Duval County schools in Florida. Renovation of school cafeterias; Introduction of new equipment and Aramark's branded concepts; Increase in student participation; Budget surplus for Duval County...
- Out Out Trans Fats! McClure, Ann // University Business;Mar2007, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the elimination of trans fatty acids in the food industry in the U.S. Trans fatty acids are formed when oil is hydrogenated. Richard George, a professor of food marketing at Saint Joseph's University in Pennsylvania, believes that the school's ban on trans fats is a way to...
- Food branding in schools: Branding forms marketing allies. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p18s
Reports on food brand promotions in schools in the United States. Use of point-of-sale in promotions; Giveaway programs; Huntington Beach's scratch-off promotion; Washington Apples' Apple Lunch Box Derby promotion; Florida Citrus' T-shirt giveaway.
- Campus Dining: Students give new facilities better grades. Lohmeyer, Lori // Nation's Restaurant News;8/18/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p60
Focuses on the refurbishment in the campus dining facilities handled by Aramark Corp. in the U.S. Deployment of technology in food service; Response of students to the enhanced services; Estimated number of campus dining accounts managed by Aramark.
- FOLLOWING REDESIGN: Lunch up 10% in Penn. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p13
Reports on the increase in lunch participation in Franklin Regional School District in Murraysville, Pennsylvania as of December 15, 2002. Advantage of the arrival of Aramark, a food service operator, to the food service operation of the school district; Service installed by the contractor;...
- AFTER A 5-YR. OVERHAUL UNDER ARAMARK: Texas' largest school dist. posts $6 million profit gain. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p30
Deals with the outcome of the strategy implemented by Aramark in the Houston Independent School District food service system in Texas from 1997 through 2002. Statistics on the school system; Details on profits in 2002; Information on employee training and incentives; Increase in student...
- Houston schools contracted out. // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the Houston Independent School District's contracting of foodservice for its 258 schools in Texas, from Aramark Corp. Provision of daily meals by Aramark and partner Quality Concession Foods.