Small school saves on line
- Fed Study Reveals Shift Away From Check Writing. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/03/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p7
Reveals the trend towards retail payment systems from check writing to electronic payments. Paper checks as the dominant form of non-cash payment; Types of electronic payment instruments.
- Chapter 4. Developments internationally. // Norges Bank: Report on Payment Systems;2006, p21
Chapter 4 of the book "Annual Report on Payment Systems" is presented. It cites some of the developments in the payment systems in various countries such as the U.S., Germany and France. It describes the various payment instruments used including credit transactions, direct debiting, cheques and...
- EMV Deployment May Rise in U.S. Bell, Stephanie // American Banker;12/20/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 194, p5
The article reports that the U.S. payments industry seems to be getting ready to adopt the EMV Integrated Circuit Card Specifications for payment cards.
- WHAT MATTERS TODAY Driving Efficiencies. // Buying Business Travel;Nov/Dec2011, Issue 53, p107
The article focuses on the benefits of using Single-Use Accounts, an innovative payment tool used by J. P. Morgan to achieve greater efficiencies in the payment process and reduce fraud exposure in the U.S.
- Google Adding Features To Keep Wallet Relevant. // ISO & Agent Weekly;11/6/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p13
The article offers information on new features of Google Wallet such as the activation of automatic bank transfers and alerts which are aimed to rekindle customer demand due to the launch of its competitor, Apple Pay.
- Austria : Use Scan and#38; Pay to order payment transfers with the tap of a finger. // TendersInfo News;8/5/2014, p1
The article reports on the emergence of payment instruction as a standard form for money transfers in Austria in 2014.
- Payment instrument choice: The case of prepaid cards. Chakravorti, Sujit; Lubasi, Victor // Economic Perspectives;2006 2nd Quarter, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p29
The article discusses the electronic payment alternative in replacing paper-based payment instruments in the U.S. The use of prepaid cards to settle payments was widely practiced in exchange for several payment instruments such as cash and checks. They are prefunded cards intended as a cash...
- Bank-owned EFT processor making strides. Bloom, Jennifer Kingson // American Banker;8/3/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 146, p19
Focuses on the entry of Midwest Payment Systems, a unit of Fifth Third Bancorp into the electronic funds transfer (EFT) market in Cincinnati, Ohio. Information on the company's competitors; Largest acquirers of credit card merchant processing; Advantages of merchant processing; Comments from...
- Fifth Third wins patent for bill payment system. // American Banker;8/7/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 151, p17
Reports that Midwest Payment Systems Inc. has been granted a patent for BillPayer 2000, an electronic bill payment service. Features and capabilities; Ongoing development of a related product, BillFiler, that would deliver bills on consumers electronically.