Pizza Crust A Step To Sustainability
- Pizza! Pizza! // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the launch of Stonewall Pizza Express at Washington State University in Pullman. The online pizza delivery and ordering system allows students to order pizza through wsu.webfood.com and either have it delivered for free to their residence hall or arrange to pick it up at...
- Toppings make the grade. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p114
Features food service operators who regularly includes pizza in school menus in the United States. Pizza as a part of the New Menus Program in Rutland, Vermont-based public schools; Pizza served by Domino's Pizza Inc. at the Unified School District in Palm Springs, California.
- Sodexho sustains students. // FoodService Director;4/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p11
Interviews Jeff Pente, senior director of culinary development and systems at the Campus Services division of Sodexho, about the company's effort to educate students about the need for developing sustainable food sources as part of the program Balance Mind, Body, Soul launched in fall of 2004. ...
- Today's No. 1 meal choice. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p114
Deals with the Italian pizza dishes offered by school foodservice operators in the United States. Pizza specialties served at the Salisbury Boys School in Salisbury, Connecticut; Explanations from foodservice directors; Pizza dishes offered at Unified Schools in Prescott, Arizona.
- Pizza Hut licenses California school commissary. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/96, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p2
Reports that Pizza Hut has licensed a district commissary in Norco, California to turn out the chain's branded pizzas for school foodservice. Labor-saving products supplied by Pizza Hut; Popularity of Pizza Hut's branded pizzas among students.
- Agricultural Task Force Aims to Bring Local Produce to Schools. Allen, Paul // Business Journal (Central New York);06/09/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the creation of the NY Farms! Task Force of the New York State School Food Service Association. Aim of adding the state's farm products to school menus; Background on NY Farms!; Plans to meet with the United States Department of Agriculture about department's complicated commodity...
- Partnership Places New Items on School Lunch Menu. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p19
The article reports that a new partnership between the Art Institute of Washington and Falls Church City Public Schools In Falls Church, Virginia, has allowed students from both institutions to place new items on the menu. Once every quarter, the students at George Mason High School will sample...
- in brief. // Food Management;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p20
The article offers news briefs related to developments in the food industry in the U.S. A multi-year agreement has been engaged by Baylor College of Medicine to Luby's Inc.'s cafeteria chain operator, to provide culinary services for its Texas Medical Center campus in Houston, Texas. Thompson...
- IN SCHOOLS: Fitting school menus. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p72
Reports on the popularity of pizza among the students in the United States. Promotional efforts for pizza; Preference of students for pizza slices; Background on the ingredients; Reason for the popularity of pizza.