HFM Chooses Competition Finalists
- SFM confab looks back, ahead. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p6
Announces the upcoming 25th anniversary of the Society for Foodservice Management at the Critical Issues Conference which was held in New York in June 2004. Details of the conference; Brief history of the society; Mission of the society; Top priorities of the society.
- Work Is a Symphony. Lawn, J. // Food Management;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p12
Highlights the 25th Annual Training Conference sponsored by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management in Arizona. Programs and activities; Theme of the event; Attendees. INSET: Quote of the Month.
- 2006 Calendar. // Food Management;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p25
The article presents a calendar of events in food service industry in the U.S. from April 25-June 14, 2006. The Foodservice Management Ideas Conference will be held on May 17-19. The Society of Foodservice Management Critical Issues Conference will be held on April 25. The National Restaurant...
- SFM hosts reception at Critical Issues conference. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/16/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p33
This article reports the hosting of the Critical Issues conference by the Society for Foodservice Management at New York University (NYU), New York City on April 18, 2005. The event addressed such issues as solving on-site labor challenges. Attendees also enjoyed a reception at the university...
- Student Conference Has Outstanding Research Posters. // American Scientist;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p199
Features the 2003 Sigma Xi Student Research Conference on November 14-15, 2003 in Los Angeles, California. Conference participants; Speakers of the conference; Sponsor of the prizes awarded to the winners of the poster contest.
- Eastern Division Competitions and Conference. // American Music Teacher;Oct/Nov2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p59
Focuses on the Music Teachers National Association's Eastern Division Competitions and Conference to be held at the Plymouth State University, Silver Cultural Arts Center in Plymouth, New Hampshire from January 7 to 8, 2005. Competitions coordinators; Hotels offering reservations for the event;...
- March 21-22 conference to feature computer games. // Marketing News;2/23/1979, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p9
Presents information on the Marketing and the Computer: A Stimulation and Simulation conference to be presented by the New York Chapter of the American Marketing Association on March 21-22, 1979. Speakers; Background on a contest involving conference participants; Factors that will determine...
- Sharpen your skills with the NRAEF. Adolf, Mary M. // Chef Educator Today;Spring2007, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p28
The article offers information on various programs by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) for qualified culinary students in the U.S. Included are the ProStart program that offers a two-year high school restaurant and foodservice management; the NRAEF Summer...
- IACP offers aspiring cookbook authors recipe for success. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p82
Highlights the conference hosted by the United States-based International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) in London, England. Annual cookbook awards program in the U.S.; Seminar message conveyed to writers; Comments of Culinary Adventures president Marilyn Taussend on the...