A Fondness for Fondant
- Sugarpaste Techniques. Deacon, Carol // Cake Craft & Decoration;Oct2013, p52
The article offers information on some of useful techniques of sugarpasting in decorating a cake. It states that sugarpaste or rolled fondant can be applied to cover cakes and modeled into edible characters and animals. It discusses the methods of embossing, frilling, quilting, cutting out...
- Teaching Rolled Fondant. Ragano, Laura // Chef Educator Today;Autumn2006, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p24
This article presents information on a sugar paste called rolled fondant, which is used for creating the outer layer of cakes. The paste is made from mixing confectioners' sugar in melted blend of gelatin, glucose, glycerin and edible fat. This paste can also be used in several applications like...
- INSPIRATION FROM FAMOUS DESIGNERS. Hurst, Nadene // Cake Craft & Decoration;Dec2010, p22
The article offers step-by-step instructions for cake craft and decoration.
- bows, brooches & beads. // Cake Craft Guides;2012, Issue 14, p38
The article offers step-by-step instructions for decorating sponge cake using bows, brooches, and beads modeled from fondant and flower paste.
- Edible Lace Part 1. Deacon, Carol // Cake Craft & Decoration;Nov2014, Issue 192, p54
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating an edible lace for cakes.
- Frills & Ruffles. Jane, Annabelle // Cake Craft & Decoration;Jan2016, Issue 206, p6
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making romantic frills and ruffles cakes.
- Celebrate Every Day! // La Prensa San Diego;4/22/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p10
Recipes for Floral Fondant Bouquet and Pecan Shorbread Cookies are presented.
- buttons... // Cake Craft Guides;2012, Issue 13, p66
The article offers step-by-step instructions for decorating a cake as heap of buttons, using materials like white fondant with white ribbon, edible glue and gold luster dust.
- 50 shades of cake. Vicos, Ashley // Modern Baking;Feb2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p24
The article offers step by step for decorating cakes for special occasions.