- To prevent contamination. // USA Today Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 125 Issue 2623, p2
Presents comments on kitchen sanitation from Stanford University Health Services epidemiologist Brenda Bouvier. The need to keep dishcloths clean; The likelihood of virus or bacteria transmission in the kitchen.
- Spotless housekeepers may have the dirtiest kitchens. // Environmental Nutrition;Oct95, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p8
Reports on research by environmental microbiologist Charles Gerba on the proliferation of bacteria in kitchens. Transfer of bacteria in dishrags or sponges to kitchen surfaces; Bacteria sources; Tips for cleaning a kitchen.
- THIS KITCHEN IS CLEAN. Harris, Kvsha // New York Amsterdam News;3/22/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p30
The article offers suggestions to clean a kitchen including cleaning of the refrigerator, spice rack and damaged cooking utensils.
- Diversey debuts new system for cleaning hotels. // Hotel & Motel Management;12/11/95, Vol. 210 Issue 21, p31
Reports on the introduction of the Commander Cleaning System from Diversey Corp. for commercial kitchens. Development of a color-coded alpha numeric system; Method of dispensing cleaning solutions.
- The Nutrition Action Safe Food 2000 Quiz. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Nov2000, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p10
Presents a quiz to rate the cleanliness of the kitchen. Important things to do at the supermarket, the refrigerator, the sink, the stove and the counter.
- The Scrub Down. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep99, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p113
Presents information on several innovative kitchen cleaners for the restaurant industry. Applications of power scrubber; Features of a recirculating soaker; Advantages of pressure washer.
- Something new to worry about. Dixon, Bernard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/29/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6890, p1483
Focuses on significant improvements in kitchen hygiene in London, England. Importance of ensuring non-usage of contaminated cloths in food preparation; Contamination of pharmaceutical with drug resistant bacteria; Attribution of infections to micro-organisms acquired from medicaments.
- IN THE KITCHEN. S. G. // New Mobility;Jan2012, Vol. 23 Issue 220, p44
The article presents the author's insights on cleaning the kitchen despite being a physically-disabled person.
- Talking SCHOP! New kitchen for spring. HARRIS, KYSHA // New York Amsterdam News;4/4/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p26
The article focuses on cleaning of kitchen including the pantry, refrigerator, utensils and discarding old expired and scraped items.