Canadian Blood Services to screen for Chagas disease
- A pilot study to evaluate the functioning of Trima Accel. Deshpande, A.; Kalgutkar, S.; Kriplani, P. // Asian Journal of Transfusion Science;Jan-Jun2008, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p43
Background: Many new cell separators (apheresis) from different companies are available in India. Hence we have attempted to evaluate recently available Trima Accel (Gambro) which is a single needle continuous flow cell separator. The platelet set is a closed disposable tubing set and the whole...
- Coffee Memorial to hold blood drive Thurs. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/25/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the blood drive to be hosted by the Coffee Memorial Blood Center at the Hedley First Baptist Church Fellowship Hall in Clarendon, Texas on January 25, 2007.
- Blood drive set at WVFD. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/11/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p1
The article offers information on a Carter BloodCare blood drive to be hosted by Whitney VFD on September 14, 2013 in Lake Whitney, Texas.
- Pint-Size Problems. // Current Health 2;Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p4
The article presents some healthy tips about blood donation.
- New FDA restriction could strain state's blood supply. Chambers, Damita // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/16/2001-7/23/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the adverse impact of tighter federal restrictions on the blood supply of New York. Restrictions on blood donors designed to protect against the spread of the human form of mad cow disease; Blood donor guidelines.
- PlayStation Pushes Blood Drive For Bloodborne. // Micro Mart;4/2/2015, Issue 1356, p36
The article announces the blood donation drive in Denmark of the Sony PlayStation division for the "Bloodborne" game.
- Blood Donation and Its Aftereffects. Morse, Edward E.; Jacobs, Barry // American Scientist;Jan/Feb85, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p999
Explains how the body adapts to losing about ten percent of its blood without suffering serious adverse effects. Focus on blood donation and its aftereffects; Mechanisms of compensation involved for greater losses of blood that occur in a routine donation; Lack of data on whether smoking...
- An update of blood donor recruitment and retention in Hong Kong. Lee, C. K.; Hong, J.; Hung, A. T. F. // Asian Journal of Transfusion Science;Jul-Dec2008, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p47
A healthy blood donor pool has to be well maintained in order to achieve self sufficiency in blood supply. Not only should new and young donors should be attracted and recruited into the pool so as to compensate the loss from drop out and deferred donors. At the same time, previous donors should...
- The case of the missing donations. Bersch, Carren // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Oct2006, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p4
The author reflects on the lack of adequate blood donations in the U.S. She noted that blood donations are rising at present by 2% to 3% each year, however, the figures may be a red herring. Moreover, she cites the implications in making blood substitutes, where such activity bids another...