Lancet publisher to sell arms business
- Reed hires Aegis boss as first chief executives. Crawford, Anne-Marie // Marketing (00253650);7/22/1999, p3
Reports on the decision of Anglo-Dutch publisher Reed Elsevier to hire Crispin Davies as its chief executives. Davies' career background; End of Reed's year-long search for a chief executive.
- New CEO appointed for struggling Reed Elsevier as lower earnings are reported. Hane // Information Today;Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p18
Announces the appointment of Crispin Davis as chief executive officer of Reed Elsevier Inc., a European-based publishing company. Other positions to be held by Davis at Reed International and Elsevier NV; Role of Davis as chief executive of media buying company Aegis Group; Career background.
- F/T parent off market. // Furniture/Today;12/15/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p29
The article reports that Reed Elseiver PLC has terminated its negotiations with the potential bidders for Reed Business Information (RBI) Ltd., the parent company of Furniture/Today and dozens of other business-to-business trade publications, in London, England. The company expresses that the...
- Aegis chief Davis nets top Reed role. Baird, Roger // Marketing Week;7/22/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p5
Reports on Crispin Davis' appointment as chief executive officer of publishing firm Reed Elsevier. Career background; Company background.
- Reed Elsevier Disarms. Wedekind, Jennifer // Multinational Monitor;May/Jun2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p5
The article reports that academic publisher Reed Elsevier is leaving the arms trade sector. Pressure from leading academics, authors and medical organizations help Reed Elsevier decide to exit the arms trade industry. The publisher also decided not to organize arm exhibitions. According to Reed...
- Reed Elsevier aims online. // Information World Review;Mar2006, Issue 222, p2
Reports on the increase in funding made by European publisher Reed Elsevier for its publications and users online in 2006. Statement from chief executive Sir Crispin Davis about the issue; Branches of Reed Elsevier that are developing online products.
- Reed puts B2B mags up for sale. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/22/2008, Vol. 403 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the plan of the Anglo-Dutch company Reed Elsevier PLC to sell its Reed Business Information (RBI), which includes such media and entertainment industry titles. The move of the company was made to reduce its exposure to the advertising market while rearranging their...
- B2B Profit & Loss: As VNU Ponders Fate, Reed Elsevier Plots Stock Buyback, M&A Programs. // Min's B2B;2/20/2006, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p8
Reveals the stock buyback and merger and acquisition plans of publishing company Reed Elsevier for 2006. Purpose of the share buyback plan; Operating results reported by Reed from its four main units; Market outlook of CEO Crispin Davis.
- Lancet publisher to sell arms business. Eggertson, Laura // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;7/31/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p242
The article reports on the withdrawal of Reed Elsevier, publisher of the medical journal "The Lancet," from its exhibitions, conferences, congresses and meetings in the second half of 2007. The move, according to chief executive officer (CEO) Sir Crispin Davis, is in response to the appeal of...