Don't Let the Millennium Bug Bite: Should New York Reinstate Sovereign Immunity for the Year 2000
- The Year 2000 Information Disclosure Act 1999. Hall, Chris // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul99, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p66
Details New Zealand's Year 2000 Information Disclosure Act of 1999. Protection of civil liability for businesses' statements on Y2K problems; Potential impact of the law on accountants; Possible effect on the workload of liquidators.
- Y2K measure advances; veto likely. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;06/21/99, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p3
Looks at the progress of the bill providing some liability relief for businesses facing suits stemming from the Year 2000 computer problem in the United States. Naming of a US House-Senate conference committee to examine the differences between the two houses bills; Favorable responses received...
- NAII Is Pleased With Passage By U.S. Senate Of Y2K Bill. // Insurance Advocate;06/19/99, Vol. 110 Issue 25, p38
Reports that the National Association of Independent Insurers (NAII) is pleased with the passage of the United States Year 2000 date conversion (Y2K) Act. Support of the NAII on the act.
- House Passes Y2K Liability Bill. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/17/99, Vol. 103 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the approval of a year 2000 liability bill in the United States (US) Congress. Information on the content of the said bill; US President Bill Clinton's view on the bill.
- Lawsuits and liability: Will Y2K bring on big business for litigation? Oken, Doreen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/28/99, Issue 322478, p3
Looks into year 2000-related (Y2K) bills introduced in the California Assembly. Includes punitive damage bill; Bill that stiffens pleading requirements in professional negligence; Allowance of immunity for organizations donating community warning systems; Extension of Y2K law relating to...
- Insurers Join Coalition To Back Bills Limiting Y2K Bug Liabilities. BROSTOFF, STEVEN // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;03/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p2
Announces that insurers have joined a broad business coalition to support legislation introduced in both the United States House and the Senate which are aimed limiting the Year 2000 computer bug liabilities. Business groups the support the bills; Who introduced the bill; Remarks from Melissa...
- A New Legal Target: The Millennium Bug. Gunn, Eileen P. // Fortune;4/27/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 8, p438
Focuses on so-called year 2000 lawsuits. How the focus on technology providers puts California at the center of the legal battle; How high-tech companies in the state are most troubled by two class-action lawsuits filed in local courts by Milberg Weiss Bershad Hynes & Lerach; The firm as the...
- Executive Order 13127--Amendment to Executive Order 13073, Year 2000 Conversion. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/21/99, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p1108
Presents the text of the Executive Order 13127 given by United States President Bill Clinton on June 14, 1999 regarding the year 2000 date conversion problem.
- Legislation to help millennium bug gains support. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;07/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p8
Reports on the support given to a legislation to protect companies from liability if they share erroneous information about solutions for the Year 2000 computer crisis, by United States senator Robert Bennett. Proposition of the legislation by American President Bill Clinton; Occasion at which...