Fishing Rights in Nontidal, Navigable New York State Rivers: A Historical and Contemporary
- Using common law principles in regulatory schemes (with a note on victimology). Sunstein, Cass R. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Spring96, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p651
Discusses the application of common law principles in regulatory schemes in the United States. Problems of the rhetoric of victimization; Reasons for the inadequacies of the common law; Economic analysis of law.
- Developing a framework for empirical research on the common law: General principles and case... Morriss, Andrew P. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Summer95, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p999
Discusses framework for empirical research on the development of common law and the impact of common law changes on the economy of the United States. Definition of common law events; Case selection; Choice of a structure of analysis; Probability of job termination and wrongful discharge;...
- The Common Law in the Twentieth Century: Some Unfinished Business. Gordley, James // California Law Review;Dec2000, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p1815
States why the people of the United States need to complete the task begun by 19th century treatise writers in the common law. Details on the concepts of tort; Systematization of the law of contract; Forms of action and legally protected interests; Similarities between civil law and common law.
- PRIVATE FILLS IN NAVIGABLE WATERS: A COMMON LAW APPROACH. // California Law Review;Jan1972, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p225
Examines the significance of the court's decision in the case, 'Wilbour v. Gallagher,' in using the common law approach for determining public rights in navigable waters in the United States. Analysis of the case's doctrinal foundation to understand and answer the question whether a fill...
- The Growth of Federal Criminal Common Law. Rosenberg, Ben // American Journal of Criminal Law;Spring2002, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p193
Analyzes the development of federal criminal common law in the U.S. History of the prohibition against federal criminal common law; Discussion on evidence that show the growth of federal criminal common law; Effect of the open-ended nature and growth of federal criminal statutes on the...
- INTRODUCTION: LAW AND LANGUAGE; IMPLICATIONS FOR HARMONISATION AND CROSS-BORDER LITIGATION. Kramer, Xandra // Erasmus Law Review;Sep2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p133
The article discusses various papers published within this issue including one by Simone Glanert on common law in Europe, one by Astrid Stadler on cross-border litigation and one by Christoph Kern on English as a court language.
- 'A Reply to Some Recent Criticisms of the Efficiency Theory of the Common Law.'. // Law & Philosophy;Aug1983, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p265
A review of the article "A Reply to Some Recent Criticisms of the Efficiency Theory of the Common Law," by Richard Posner, which appeared in the 1981 issue of "Hofstra Law Review" is presented.
- Front_cover. // Statute Law Review;Feb2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, pNP
The front cover of the journal "Statute Law Review," is presented.
- Georgia bans lesbian and gay marriages. Ocamb, Karen // Lesbian News;Mar96, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p37
Reports from Atlanta Georgia, on the ban of common-law marriages and same-sex marriages in Georgia by the House lawmakers. When the House voted; Information on the bill's activities; Why Georgia doesn't recognize same-sex marriages.