Whitehead's Metaphysics and the Law: A Dialogue
- A middle way: Process philosophy and critical communication inquiry. Glenn, Cathy B. // Empedocles: European Journal for the Philosophy of Communication;Jun2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p113
My contention in this article is that in order to construct critical communication knowledge useful for understanding change and affording a productive politics, critical scholars would benefit from an ongoing, serious discussion of the metaphysical assumptions that underlie our work. Conceiving...
- When did Whitehead conceive God to be personal? Ford, Lewis S. // Anglican Theological Review;Summer90, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p280
Focuses on Alfred North Whitehead's personalistic theism. Religious factors that affected Whitehead's theistic views; Personality and temporality of God; Principle of concretion; God as the conjunction of eternal objects; Subjective aim; Consciousness; Divine subjectivity and temporality.
- Modern thought challenges Christian theology: Process philosophy and Anglican theologian Lionel.... Culp, John // Anglican Theological Review;Summer94, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p329
Reports on the use of Alfred North Whitehead's Christian theology by Lionel Thornton as a guide to modern thought. Evaluations regarding Thornton's use of Whitehead's theology; Similarity and differences of Thornton's and Whitehead's philosophy; Discussion of Thornton's philosophical views;...
- On Epochal Becoming: Rosenthal on Whitehead. Ford, Lewis S. // Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society;Fall1997, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p973
Explores the possibility of a temporal interpretation of the epochal theory of time developed by Alfred North Whitehead. Discussion on the genetic division of the act of becoming; Elaboration on the successive phases of concrescence; Analysis of the various interpretations of the nontemporal...
- Whitehead and the Ongoing Problem of Temporality: A Response to Lewis Ford. Rosenthal, Sandra B. // Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society;Fall1997, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p981
Comments on an article which proposed a temporal interpretation of the epochal theory of time developed by Alfred North Whitehead. Clarification of the concept of the act of becoming; Fundamental temporal intuitions under the positions of Whiteheadian and pragmatic thinking.
- THE DEPTHS OF COMPASSION. Buchanan, John H. // Process Studies;Spring/Summer2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p47
Some notion ofcompassion must play a central role in conceiving of a true process psychology. In Whitehead's metaphysics, "feeling the feelings of others" is how reality itself is constructed. By placing primitive feeling at the heart of perception, experience, and the nature of reality, process...
- WHITEHEAD, TRAUMA, AND THE PRESENCE OF GOD. Dicken, Thomas M. // Process Studies;Spring/Summer2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p132
I seek in this paper to explore what might be meant by "the presence of God." The sense of God's presence, which never disappeared from the lives of many people, seems to be emerging quietly in the work of serious thinkers. Sometimes other terms, such as "spirit" or even "face," hint at the...
- Animals, Ethics, and Process Thought: Hierarchy without Anthroparchy (A Response to Combs, Donaldson, and Sinclair). Henning, Brian G. // Process Studies;Fall/Winter2013, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p221
In the present article the other articles in this Special Focus section on Process Thought and Animals are criticized. Both the strengths and weaknesses of the articles by Combs, Donaldson, and Sinclair are detailed. Whitehead's non-invidious hierarchy is defended.
- TeologÃa bÃblica y filosofÃa procesual. PIXLEY, JORGE // Theologica Xaveriana;ene-jun2010, Vol. 60 Issue 169, p215
This essay wants to practically show the value of Processual Philosophy depending on Biblical Theology. Processual Philosophy, created by Alfred North Whitehead, has as its central theme its novel doctrine of creation. This work focuses on Gn 1,1-3, which presents a syntactical problem, not yet...