- Meyers New SMACNA President: Zahner Named Contractor of Year. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/30/2000, Vol. 211 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the appointment of Phil Meyers as president of the Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association. Other officers installed in the organization.
- New Testing Certification Program Available. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/22/2001, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p5
Reports the development of a testing, adjusting and balancing certification program by the Sheet Metal Workers' International Association and the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- SMACNA supports youth charity. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/14/95, Vol. 42 Issue 33, p45
Reports on the sponsorship of Hope of Youth's fund-raising golf tournament in Stony Brook, New York by the Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association of Long Island (SMACNA). Goals for the sponsorship; Remarks from tournament organizers.
- SMACNA Goes to Maui. Harris, Angela D. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/22/2008, Vol. 235 Issue 17, p18
Information about the 65th annual convention of the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association (SMACNA) at the Grand Wailea Resort and Spa in Maui, Hawaii is presented. There were 1,400 people attended the convention. The convention was able to raise money to fund...
- New association president brings specialty contractor focus to industry position. // Snips;Jan2015, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p24
The article announces the selection of Tom Szymczak as 2014-2015 president of the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association (SMACNA).
- INDUSTRY news. Liegl, Paula R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;09/04/2000, Vol. 211 Issue 1, p9
Presents news about standards in the United States air conditioning, heating and refrigeration industry, as of August 2000. Plastics Pipe and Fittings Association's revision of specification sheets; Approval of the Sheet Metal and Air-Conditioning Contractors' National Association's seismic...
- 'SMART' Union on Horizon? Skaer, Mark // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/28/2008, Vol. 233 Issue 18, p1
The article reports that Sheet Metal Workers International Association (SMWIA) and Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association (SMACNA) hope to get the operation under a new union during the 3008 Partners in Progress Conference in the U.S. In 2007, SMWIA and the United...
- meetings & conventions. // Snips;Aug2007, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p89
The article presents information on various meetings of the sheet-metal, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), and metal roofing industries. The HVACR Industry Alliance met with lawmakers in Washington, D.C. to discuss the country's educational system. HVAC educators and trainers...
- Association to present new president. McConnell, Micheal // Snips;Oct2010, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p18
The article profiles Jim Boone, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of mechanical contracting firm New England Sheet Metal and the 2010-2011 president of the Sheet Metal and Air-Conditioning Contractors' National Association (SMACNA). Boone's college degree was in business...