Conventional and Condensing Boilers
- LETTERS AND E-MAILS. Legutko, Thomas J. // Contractor Magazine;May2007, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p22
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, including "A Matter of Thermal Efficiency," in the March 2007 issue, and "A Matter of Grave Concern," in the March 2007 issue.
- The heat is on for the comfort factor. // Builders Merchants Journal;Mar1999, p38
Focuses on the market for heating systems in homes in the United Kingdom. Emphasis on domestic hot water performance; Growth in the conventional boiler market; Status of the condensing market.
- Basic Troubleshooting and Service Categories. Crumpton, Greg // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/15/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p291/2
Identifies several factors to look for when troubleshooting system components, like condensers and compressors. Line voltage; Type of control system; Mechanical components.
- 4 key measurements for optimal boiler control. Sabin, Bob // Flow Control;Jan2016, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p12
The article offers information on the key measurements in controlling and improving boiler operations. Topics discussed include the effectiveness of fuel-to-air curves and the control loop constants in achieving optimum performance, role of actuators in changing boiler performance, and the...
- Chemical treatment workstation. McKEW, AMANDA E. // Engineered Systems;Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p42
Provides tips on chemical treatment for condenser water and steam boiler systems. Drawing and design checklist; Value engineering tips.
- KEEPING A COOL EYE ON CONDENSER PERFORMANCE. Schimmoller, Brian K. // Power Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p44
Focuses on several issues surrounding the maintenance of steam surface condensers. Selection of materials for condenser tubing; Detection of condenser leaks; Effective cleaning of condenser tubes; Chemical treatment program for cooling water systems.
- Of Boilers, Controls and Interoperability. Spagnolo, Gregg // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Feb2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p26
Assesses the control and interoperability of boilers in the U.S. Growth comparison between the computer and boiler industry; Questions asked by the boiler owners to the engineers; Future possibilities in the boiler installation.
- Industrial boilers: upgrade or replace? Brown, Rob // Plant & Works Engineering;Aug2015, Issue 398, p22
The article focuses on the importance of full industrial boiler plant survey before making decisions on whether to replace or upgrade industrial boilers. Topics discussed include the benefit of containerised boiler, the use of a Building Management System (BMS) that provides remote control of...
- CLIMATE CHANGE COMES TO A GARDEN SUBURB. // Building Design;1/25/2008, Issue 1803, p5
The article offers tips from the Bedford Park Society on how residents of a garden suburb in London, England, can boost energy efficiency in their homes, which were built between 1875 and 1914. First is to apply PV panels using the Low Carbon Building grant scheme. Second is to replace an aging...