Adventures in Paradise
- Twin Peaks. Platt, Adam // New York;10/27/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p46
Features the visit of the author to Saint Lucia. Description of the place; Advantages of traveling in the area; Snorkeling under the Pitons.
- Romantic island getaways across Asia. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);2/14/2011, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p84
The article offers information on popular family holiday destinations in Asia. Bali, Indonesia, is considered a friendly place for couples and honeymooners. Malaysia is proven itself a great destination for holidaymakers with its blue waters and pristine sands. The Krabi Region on Thailand's...
- A WILD RIDE. WUEST, PATRICIA // Scuba Diving;Jun2015, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p10
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of traveling to Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles, snorkeling in inland caves, and visiting open-air eateries of Kralendijk.
- KAHALU'U BEACH PARK. Harrington, Eileen // Big Island Beaches;2004, p2
This article provides information on Kahalu'u Beach Park in Hawaii. The park is located at mile marker 5 on Ali'i Drive heading south from Kailua Village, between the 'Ohana Keauhou Resort on the south side and St. Peter's Catholic Church and the Ku'emanu Heiau on the north. When conditions are...
- Beaches. // Dominica & St. Lucia Alive!;2001, p86
Provides information on famous beaches of the independent island nation, Dominica. Information on beaches best for swimming and snorkeling on the western coast of the island; Beaches along the northern coastline of the island.
- TOP 5 BEACH HOLIDAYS to try before you die. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);7/30/2007, Vol. 59 Issue 31, p49
The article suggests the top 5 beach holidays to try. The clear waters of the Lord Howe Island is perfect for swimming all year round. Only 400 tourists are allowed on the island at any one time. Waikiki Beach in Hawaii is perfect for surfing. For those who are not into surfing, they could hike...
- Follow Your Heart To Your Ideal Destination. Mickle, Kelly // Self;Mar2012, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p116
The article offers suggestions on places to travel to save money. Instead of going to the Caribbean, one can go to Central America, where a day of snorkeling costs less than half what it would in the Caribbean. One can try San Francisco, California, instead of New York City, for a cost-efficient...
- MAHAI'ULA BEACH. Harrington, Eileen // Big Island Beaches;2004, p4
This article focuses on the Mahai'ula Beach in Hawaii. Mahai'ula Beach requires a slow and tedious drive down a bumpy road, then a short walk through an old lava flow, but the beach is breathtaking and usually empty. The crescent beach is at the head of a deep and well-protected bay, where...
- KAUNA'OA BEACH (A.K.A. MAUNA KEA BEACH). Harrington, Eileen // Big Island Beaches;2004, p7
This article focuses on Kauna'oa Beach, also known as the Mauna Kea Beach in Hawaii. This bay is fringed with tall coconut trees, and the wide white sand beach gently slopes down to the bay's clear, aquamarine waters. The entire bay is perfect for swimming and frolicking in the gentle shoreline...