Scrambles Into Shambles
- He won't throw the book at you. // Golf Magazine;Oct2007, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p27
Questions and answers on the rules of golf are presented. A question is presented as to whether it is legal to hit the ball with the end of the golf club in the style of a pool cue. A reader asked if it is permissible to read from an instructional article while playing a round of golf.
- IT HAPPENED ON TOUR. Matsuo, Shuhei // Golf Digest;Oct2007, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p64
The article offers information on various golf rules and regulations. Particular attention is given to the performance of Jay Williamson at the 2007 Travelers Championship. The rule in question dealt with changing the playing characteristics of a club. Williamson noticed an adjustable screw...
- The Replacements. // Golf World;3/8/2010, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p18
The article offers information on Rule 4-3 of golf. It is reported that, the rule states that if a golf club is damaged during the normal course of game, a golfer may use it in its damaged state, or have it repaired, or replace the club with any other club, provided it does not come from any...
- One step closer. Johnson, E. Michael // Golf World;11/2/2007, Vol. 61 Issue 16, p15
The article reports on research performed by the U.S. Golf Association (USGA) on golf club grooves at the 2007 Ginn sur Mer Classic competition in Port St. Lucie, Florida. The proposal to modify groove shape for golf clubs and its potential enforceability among manufacturers and players is...
- Ask the Referee. Wallin, Tony; Biernacki, Steve // Golf Digest;Oct2002, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p48
Provides information on rules in playing golf. Information on Rule 13-2; Rule on borrowing golf clubs; Details on Rule 4-4a.
- Take Relief Wisely. // Golf Digest;Aug2002, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p32
Presents rules in golf. Improvement of style in case of failure during shot of the ball to the hole; Role of immovable obstructions in dropping the ball into the hole; Position of the club in hitting for a shot.
- Rules of the Game. // Golf Digest;May2001, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p34
Provides insights on the rule on changing golf clubs. Criteria for changing the equipment; Guidelines for ruling on golf club damage; Instances of play allowing for equipment replacement.
- Equipment Extra. Thomas, Frank // Golf Digest;May2001, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p222
Focuses on debate on the use of golf club drivers exceeding the spring-like effect standard. Effect of the situation on golf rules; Details on solutions to the debate; Invitation for voting on preference; Definition of the spring-like effect. INSET: Frankly speaking..
- RULE BY RULE. // Golf Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p36
Presents highlights of the Rule 4 in the Rules of Golf. Need for golf club to conform with the rules; Compulsion for club manufacturer to submit samples to the United States Golf Association; Rules for damaged clubs as stated in Rule 4-3.