- PROTECTING THE PLANET. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;10/01/2004, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p2
Highlights the 2004 International Children's Conference on the Environment which was held in New London, Connecticut in October 2004. Description of the workshops that kids participated in; Aims of the conference; Support of the United Nations on the 20 International Children's Conference. ...
- Branch Reports. // Air Quality & Climate Change;Nov2013, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p10
The article presents information on reports from several branches of the Clean Air Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. (CASANZ) non profit organization. The New Zealand Branch will hold a seminar November 27, 2013 in Wellington. The WA Branch held their Annual General Meeting on September...
- BRain BUiLDeRS. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;10/01/2004, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p4
Presents a graph which shows the size of the five world's largest countries which supported the 2004 International Children's Conference on the Environment.
- The road map to best practices requires a change in culture. Reed, Don // Plant Engineering;Dec2008, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p45
The article presents the author's view on best practice in plant management in the U.S. He states that as with any significant program than an organization wants to implement, change to a truly best practice mentality and processes and procedures is a culture change. He adds that to be effective...
- THE GREENING OF VENUES. Murphy, Lee Ann // Expo Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p30
The article discusses the effort of trade show facility businesses to create green initiatives in the U.S. It states that smart venues have taken and embraced sustainable and environmental initiatives to save money, cope with local municipalities and utilities demand, and meet show managers'...
- Earth to the restaurant industry: Investing in green business practices could pay off. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;6/4/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p19
The author reflects on the growing environmental awareness among restaurants in the U.S. According to the shade of green that is seeping into business practices throughout the restaurant industry could not be savvier. The author said that the cost of green business practices may be one of the...
- Department of Human Services (DHS): Health Care and Continuing Care Administrations: Notice of Public Meeting for Development of Integrated Care System Partnerships (ICSPs). // Minnesota State Register;1/7/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 28, p1037
The article announces that the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) will organize a symposium on best practices for the development of Integrated Care System Partnerships (ICSPs) at Elmer L. Anderson Building, 540 Cedar Street, St Paul, Minnesota in the U.S. on January 28, 2013.
- Reasons for Getting Your Annual Meeting Paper in on Time. // Cost Engineering;Aug2010, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p7
The article discusses best practices in submitting an annual meeting papers including publishing one's paper, preparing for a presentation and making a lasting contribution.
- Linking environment and economy. Collins, Carrie // In Business;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p11
Features the fifth annual Global Environmental Management Initiative (GEMI) Conference held in March 1995 for discussing how companies are successfully integrating environmental initiatives into their business strategies. Guest speakers; Areas in which businesses committed to sustainable...