Marriott on the Move
- From humble beginnings... // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/23/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4223, p12
Provides information on the food service and hotel businesses of Marriott International. History of the corporation; Contributions of Chairman Bill Marriott to the expansion of the corporation; Information on the franchising strategy of the corporation.
- Taste the Soup. Watkins, Ed // Lodging Hospitality;Jan2000, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p8
Gives advice on achieving success in hotel business. Significance of paying attention to the details of the business; Information on the management style of J. W. Marriott Jr. of Marriott International company.
- Marriott to open 100 hotels in 100 days. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;May2007, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on the opening of 100 additional Marriott hotels primarily in North America. J. W. Marriott, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer of Marriott International, states that the company will have 3000 worldwide hotels by 2008. The new properties will cost more than $1.2 billion.
- In command. O'Brien, Gina // Travel Agent;1/2/95, Vol. 273 Issue 12, p24
Features Bill Marriott, the chairman of Host Marriot and Marriot International. Services offered by the two companies; Marriott's speech at the ASTA Congress; Retirement plans.
- Marriott chief slams US rules. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/7/2006, Issue 2724, p24
The article reports that Marriott International Inc. has slammed the U.S. travel regulations as the number of visitors from Great Britain declined by more than 10 percent in the first quarter of 2006. According to its chairman and CEO J. W. Marriott, the U.S. visa policy, which requires visitors...
- Our Competitive Strength. MARRIOTT, JR., J.W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;01/01/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p165
Presents a speech given by J.W. Marriott, Jr., chairman of the board of Marriott International Inc., on October 2, 2000. Delivery of the speech to the Economic Club of Detroit, Michigan; Emphasis on employers finding and keeping employees in order to remain competitive.
- J. Willard Marriott Jr. to be inducted into University of... // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/16/95, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p9
States that J. Willard Marriott Jr. will be inducted into the David Eccles School of Business Hall of Fame at the University of Utah. Marriott International Incorporated's chairman and president; When Marriott graduated from the University of Utah.
- Marriott Makes a Move to Advance Boutique Hotels Locally and Abroad. Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p11
The article focuses on the consideration of the Marriott International Inc. to advance boutique hotels locally and abroad. The company is looking at San Diego as one of five gateway cities for its initial attempt into boutique properties. Chairman and chief executive officer J. W. Marriott Jr....
- Growing Up Marriott. Rich, Cindy // Washingtonian Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p52
This article explores the history of Marriott Hotels and Resorts. Bill Marriott helped his father J. Willard Marriott Sr. to open their first hotel in Arlington, Virginia in 1957. Bill became one of the richest men in the U.S. Marriott also became one of the largest hospitality companies,...