Who Gets the Commission?
- Americans With Disabilities Act. Hilliard, Tyra // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p12
Discusses the importance for a meeting planner to include an Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) clause in its contract with a hotel. Coverage of the ADA clause; Background on a problem that can be caused by the omission of the clause; Advantages of including the ADA clause.
- AM INDEX: AUGUST 2006. // Association Meetings;Aug2006, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p9
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the percentage of decline in 2006 marketing budgets, the year employment for meeting planners is expected to stop growing faster than the average for all other jobs, the number of five-star hotels in Dubai at the end of 2005 and...
- The Tangle of Hotel Ownership. Goldberg, James M. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Dec2007, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p36
The article offers information on legal issues concerning meeting contracts in the hotels in the U.S. According to the author, meeting planners rarely know the party they are dealing with when they sign agreements for sleeping rooms and meeting space for majority of the hotel contracts are...
- 4 MUST-DOs for Contract Due Date. Mason, Mike // Religious Conference Manager;Aug2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p23
The author offers advice to meeting planners on managing contract due date. He explains the importance of knowing how to manage contract due dates which are usually found in the last paragraph of the last page of the contract. Some factors to keep in mind when to alleviate potential problems are...
- Strike Out? Kovaleski, Dave // Association Meetings;Feb2006, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p21
Discusses challenges facing the meeting industry in 2006. Possible effect of labor disruptions due to expiring hotel employee contracts on association meetings; Advice for meeting planners on how to deal with the challenges facing the industry; Importance of communication between planners and...
- Help for Small Meetings. Andelman, Bob // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Dec2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p23
Provides the services provided by major domestic hotel companies for small meetings in the U.S. Room rates of Crowne Plaza Hotels; Approach of sales representatives at Fairmont Hotels; Sales contact of Hyatt Hotels for small meeting planner.
- Must-Have Info for Rooming Lists. Kustwan, Mark // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;11/1/2011, p5
A list of information that meeting and event organizers should include in their rooming lists is presented which include the last and first names of attendees, arrival date and arrival time.
- Going Green Can Help Hotels Gain Meeting Business. // AirGuide Online.com;3/15/2010, p3
The article reports on the initiative taken by the meeting planners on the environmental friendliness of hotels.
- Don't Move My Meeting Room. Hilliard, Tyra // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses several issues surrounding a clause that is usually included in contracts between a hotel and a meeting planner, regarding the right of the hotel to modify space held for a meeting if its anticipated attendance numbers decrease. The clause allows a hotel to keep a...