Discovery Baits 'Shark Week' With VOD
- Marketing:. // CableFAX Daily;7/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 136, p4
Reports on the marketing campaign of cable television network Discovery Channel to increase the ratings of its "Shark Week" program. Concept of the advertising campaign.
- discovery channel. Parish, Nick // CREATIVITY;Oct2007, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p55
The article presents information on marketing tactics employed by the cable television network, Discovery channel, to promote its television programs. It states that Discovery has made science and nature fun, through its innovative programming and marketing. It talks about the promotional...
- Discovery in VOD deal. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/05/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p2
Reports on Discovery Communications' negotiation of a video-on-demand (VOD) deal with distributor iN Demand. Agreement of iN Demand to repackage cable shows for operators to sell as VOD product; Cable network executives' support for VOD to help cable operators get more digital cable boxes in...
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 53, p2
Provides information on the development of a subscription video-on-demand educational offering from Discovery. Significance of the offering to the creation of a whole-home solution for families; Availability of the program on cable television.
- Discovery Networks Varies Its Menu of VOD Content. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p9
The article reports that Discovery Networks' move to increase short-form content has resulted to the increase in video-on-demand (VOD) usage in the U.S. In September 2007, VOD usage across all of the programmer's networks more than doubled, growing 101% as compared in September 2006. Significant...
- Discovery pans for feevee gold. Bensinger, Ken // Variety;3/29/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 7, pB1
Reports on the celebration of the 10th year anniversary of Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia in 2004. History of the cable television company; Growth and success experienced by Discovery; Launch of Discovery Health and Discovery Travel & Adventure by Discovery Latin America in mid-2000.
- Healthy Change:. // CableFAX Daily;7/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 138, p2
The article presents information on the Discovery Health Media Ent, a new integrated multi-platform business which was formed by Discovery. Discovery Health, FitTV, and Discovery Health On-Call, a new standalone video on demand service, are included in the new unit. On-Call will include video...
- `Shark Week.' McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;07/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p40
Presents information on the television program `Shark Week', aired on The Discovery Channel. Background information on the show; Discovery's discussion about sharks on its Internet Web site; What was the program's rating for 1996.
- Shark Week returns. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;07/27/98, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p29
Reports that the Discovery Channel is running the 11th annual `Shark Week,' featuring eight hour-long programs from August 9-15, 1998. Average household rating in prime time for `Shark `Week'.