THIS JUST IN
- 'Charley' Lessons Pay Dividends. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the impact of hurricane Frances on cable television operators in Florida in September 2004. Tactic adopted by Adelphia Communications Corp. to mitigate the impact of the hurricane on its call center operations; Extent of damage sustained by Bright House Networks; Number of Comcast...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p6
Presents news briefs related to cable network broadcasting companies of the U.S. as of June 2, 2003. Loss suffered by Adelphia Communications Corp. in Los Angeles, California due to an order issued by the city council to roll back its basic rates; Claims made by Comcast Corp. in its federal...
- Fla. Sun Shines on Comcast. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p51
Reports on the expansion of cable television operator Comcast Corp. in Florida. Solidification of its distribution base in the region; Total cable subscribers in the region; Properties in the region that the company is acquiring from Adelphia Communication Corp.
- Swap around the clock. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;05/31/99, Vol. 129 Issue 23, p37
Focuses on the consolidation of the cable television market in the United States as of May 31, 1999. Swap of cable television companies acquired by Adelphia Communications, Comcast Corp. and Jones Intercable.
- Arris Answers Phone With Comcast, Adelphia Orders. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);4/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p34
Presents information on orders secured by Arris from Comcast and Adelphia Communications for its Cadant C4 cable modem termination system (CMTS). Features of the C4 CMTS; Applications in Internet Protocol telephony; Importance of keeping a system's mean time to repair down.
- Call Waiting. // CableFAX Daily;10/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 204, p2
Reports on the decision of Adelphia to cancel plans to launch voice-over Internet protocol service in some markets in the U.S. by the end of 2005 leaving the responsibilities to Comcast and Time Warner.
- L.A. to Cable: Cut the Complaints. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the move of the Board of Information Technology Commissioners in Los Angeles, California to push cable operators to improve their internal systems in order to reduce the number of complaints from their subscribers. Information on the 2003 Year-End Statistics of complaints against...
- Adelphia Watch:. // CableFAX Daily;6/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 126, p1
Deals with the approval given by a U.S. bankruptcy court judge to Adelphia in pursuance to the sale of its stake in jvs to Comcast in 2006. Comments from Friedman Billings Ramsey on the decision of the judge; Amount of money that would be spent by Comcast on Adelphia upgrades; Companies that...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p6
Presents news briefs on mass media in the U.S. as of July 2003. Signing of baseball player Cal Ripken Jr. by Comcast as its company spokesman; Amount paid by Adelphia Communications to the city of Los Angeles, California as part of a franchise fee dispute settlement; Sale of the cable system of...