User-Generated Video Goes Semipro
- Crackle Snapping Pop? Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;3/15/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p26
The article reports on Crackle, an online video source from Sony Pictures Entertainment.
- Sony Launches Web Comedy Channel C-Spot. Smolinski, Julieanne // Television Week;4/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the launch of C-Spot, an advertisement-supported multiplatform comedy channel, by Sony. C-Spot will feature serial comedy shows and shorts. It is available for Web and mobile platforms across several distribution channels, including AOL Video, Hulu, YouTube and Crackle, a...
- SONY FLIPS FOR CLIPS. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;7/16/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 73, p5
The article reports that Sony Pictures will relaunch its Internet video-sharing entertainment site Grouper, the former Crackle.com which it had acquired in 2006. The site will offer a host of contests and competitions to allow newcomers to show their works to various Sony Pictures divisions and...
- Sony shapes snappier Crackle. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter;10/29/2008, Vol. 407 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. is ready to make Crackle pop. The studio is shaking up its online video hub with new management, headquarters and an infusion of full-length TV and movies from the Sony library to complement the increasing slate of shortform originals...
- CRACKLE DEBUTS SERIES. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;6/15/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p14
The article reports on the updated lineup of original programming from Crackle, the online video network of Sony Pictures Entertainment. The lineup includes nine short-form scripted series that center on a variety of genres.
- CRACKLE.COM DEBUTS LUCY LAWLESS SERIES. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;1/19/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p22
The article reports that the 10-episode thriller "Angel of Death" will only be released online and not on television before its DVD release. Sony Pictures Entertainment's online video network Crackle.com would premiere the series, which stars Lucy Lawless and Zoe Bell on March 2, 2009. New 9- to...
- extra. // Hollywood Reporter;4/30/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 30, p3
The article information on recent developments related to the motion picture industry. Chinese director Lu Chuan is drawing strong mixed reactions for his sympathetic portrayal of a Japanese soldier in his black-and-white drama "City of Life and Death." Sony Pictures Entertainment's video...
- XBOX 360 GETS CINEMANOW, CRACKLE. TRIBBEY, CHRIS // Home Media Magazine;2/6/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the move to add Best Buy's CinemaNow movie service and Sony Pictures Entertainment's Crackle video network to the live online entertainment network of Xbox 360 in 2012.
- Gearing Up for Emmy Party Smackdown. Haugsted, Linda; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p33
The article presents latest developments related to the mass media industry. A party sponsored by the Periodical "People," will be held at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angles, California, on September 10, 2007. The Cartoon Network's multiplatform initiative "Master Control," will be...