Telcos: Ban Cable Exclusives
- National Show Notes. Higgins, John M.; Becker, Anne; Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;4/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 16, p12
The article focuses on the efforts of the cable television sector to continue to add high-speed Internet, digital telephone and digital cable customers at a rapid pace, emphasized at the National Show of the National Cable and Telecommunications held in Atlanta, Georgia in April 2006. Verizon...
- Branch lines. Rubenstein, Roy // Total Telecom Magazine;May2009, p24
The article reports that multi-system cable operators (MSOs) in the U.S. and Europe are upgrading their networks to become wireless networks which heightens its competition with telecommunications companies. It notes that most MSOs are further advanced when it comes to networks to offer...
- VOLUME CONTROL. Warner, Tracy; Edwards, Bill; Wagner, Richard; Bartash, Jeffry // Multichannel News;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p20
The article presents views on video franchising in the U.S. The regulation of phone companies' rates is addressed. The need for franchise to deliver cable-like television service is explained. The advantage of competition in the industry is also described.
- Solving city's cable competition crunch. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p13
The article discusses the author's views on competition in the cable television industry in New York City. The author argues for the measures required to allow Verizon Communications Inc. to take on other competitors in the field. The New York City Council voted to authorize a TV franchise for...
- RBOCs Prepare to Roll Out Video. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p24
Focuses on the preparation of telephone companies to offer video services to its customers in the U.S. Impact of the launch of the FiOS TV service by Verizon Communications to residents of Keller, Texas on the telecommunication industry; Reasons behind the failures of telecommunication...
- Telephone Company and Cable Television Competition: Key Technical, Economic, Legal and Policy Issues. // Journalism Quarterly;Autumn91, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p578
Reviews the book `Telephone Company and Cable Television Competition: Key Technical, Economic, Legal and Policy Issues,` by Stuart N. Brotman.
- Phone and Cable Companies Ask For Texas Licenses. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the move of several telephone and cable companies to apply for licenses to offer video and voice communications services in Texas in 2005. Information on the cable company that is seeking to operate in the state; Plans of Verizon Communications to offer its services in the state.
- Verizon Speeds Its Rollout. McConville, Jim // njbiz;10/23/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p7
The article focuses on the installation of the fiber-optic network of Verizon in New Jersey to offer television service. The cable business will replace its traditional telephone business. It cites the factors that contributed to the decreased revenue of the telecommunication business of...
- Verizon's FiOS Is Tops in Pay Television Satisfaction Study. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the findings of the survey conducted by analyst firm Strategy Analytics regarding on cable customers in the U.S. The survey finds that customers of the FiOs television (TV) of Verizon Communications are happier with their service compared to the subscribers of six other...