Hallmark Slates More Movies
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- Online:. // CableFAX Daily;6/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 114, p2
Reports on the launch of a "Superman Channel" by AOL's In2TV, which will be available through the end of July 2006. Information on its programming.
- Cable's Always on the Job. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p6A
Deals with cable television network programming. Advantage of cable networks over broadcast networks; Quality of television programming offered by cable television; Expectations on the performance of cable networks.
- Meeting the Demands of On-Demand. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p20
Considers the use of the network digital video recording (DVR) technology in video-on-demand (VOD) TV programming. Key technology trends driving the on-demand platform; Components in which VOD functionality depends on; Advantages of the DVR technology to VOD subscribers; Business models used...
- GROWTH IS A HARD SELL. Olgeirson, Ian // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p14
Presents projections on the growth of cable television operators from 2002 to 2012. Information on the marketing efforts of operators.
- Why Not Let Pay TV Have a Trial Run? // Saturday Evening Post;1/31/1959, Vol. 231 Issue 31, p8
Presents the author's views on pay television. Decline in the demand of television; Role of advertisements in the growth of television; Discussion on programs that are broadcast on pay television.
- Trio Adds to Sked, Needs More Subs. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p18
Focuses on the efforts taken by cable television network Trio in keeping with its pop-culture theme. Theme of the network's television program "The Awards Show Awards Show"; Overview of television programing plans.
- Why Cable Originals Are Crucial. Brooks, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 41, p42
Discusses the impact of original programming on cable television. History of cable programming; Information on several cable television programs; Distinction between cable and broadcast.
- Finding A Clean Solution. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p3
The article deals with the possible problems that can be encountered by television cable operators planning to introduce family-oriented programs. If the programs are put on digital tier, subscribers will need boxes to decrypt the channels. Another problem is the demand of household concerning...