- Cable's next originals. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;01/25/99, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p6
Offers a look on the offering of several cable television network companies for 1999. Criticisms against the film `The Devil's Arithmetic,' by Showtime company; Other motion pictures offered by Showtime; Television series to be launched by Showtime; Movies that will be presented by Lifetime...
- 'Dead' has life on Showtime. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/4/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the 2003 original television programming slate of the U.S. pay television network Showtime. Enlistment of 'Dead Like Me' and 'Earthlings' as the two drama pilots to get series orders for 2003; Network's consideration of whether to renew the series 'Odyssey 5' and 'Street Time.'
- Getting Smart. Borow, Zev // New York;12/06/99, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p28
Reports on the improved rating of the television (TV) programs offered by the cable television network, Showtime Networks. TV shows offered in 1999; Brief background on Showtime Chief Executive Matt Blank; Way of meeting the television programming goal.
- Duda due for added duty in Showtime distribution. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/13/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 11, p60
Reports on the additional job given to Matthew Duda as executive vice president of program acquisitions and planning at Showtime cable network in the U.S. Distribution of the shows of the network in foreign and domestic distribution; Plans of Showtime Networks Inc. to approve as many as eight...
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 36, p19
Rates the cable television shows in the United States, according to Nielsen, for the week of August 22-28, 1994. ABC; CBS; NBC; Fox.
- The WB's mulitplexing plan. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Reports plans of WB cable network to multiplex several programs in the U.S. Percentage of unit prices for the second play; Reference to the experience of the network in multiplexing the program 'Charmed'; Selection of series by producers.
- mr. weatherman. Ardren, Bob // Sarasota Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on issues related to the telecast of a program segment on the cable television network Weather Channel in Sarasota, Florida. Identification of the person appearing in the segment; Professional responsibilities of the person appearing in the program segment.
- Rocking the Industry. Haley, Kathy; Knight, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p3
Discusses the growing popularity of the television series on U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) as of November 2002. Views of veteran writers and critics on HBO's series; Comparison of income generated by HBO with other broadcast networks; Creative impact of HBO on the...
- The Way of Success. // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p6
Discusses the projects undertaken by U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) as of November 2002. Plans to telecast two original series, 'Carnivale' and 'Dead Wood,' based on historical events; Plot and starcast of the two series; Inclination of HBO towards counter-programming;...