IT'S GO TIME FOR SHOWTIME
- Oakland Will Solicit Possible Overbuilds. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p30
Announces that the city officials of Oakland, California, is encouraging more cable television operators to compete in the city. Effort to lure RCN Corp. or Seren Innovations Inc.; Plans of AT&T Broadband to upgrade its system in Oakland; Prospect of greater competition to extract greater...
- 2003 CTAM Grand TAM Award Winner. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p4A
Reports on the winners of the Cable Television Administration and Marketing Society's Grand TAM awards. History of Grand TAM awards; Comments by Matt Blank chief executive officer of Showtime Networks Inc. after winning the award.
- The Rules of War. Kershbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;3/10/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the rules for television reporting of War in the U.S. Safety measures for reporters in the war; Coverage of Somalia and Bosnia conflicts by Cable News Network; Process of embedding of media people for the reporting of war; Impact of the embedding on the quality of reporting of war;...
- Call 'Em the May 'Squeaks' Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;4/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the competition among several cable television networks to target adult audience ranging in the age group of 18-49 in the United States. Statistics related to performance and ratings of several cable television networks; Decline in the viewership of cable television network NBC;...
- Networks Get Busy in a Crowded Market. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p28
The article reports on the increasing competition of cable television networks in the U.S. to get their share of the female audience. Women account for over 50 percent of the population and they represent major purchasers in most households. Niche programming continues to attract advertisers...
- Oz networks maneuver for upcoming season. Groves, Don // Variety;11/22/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the rivalry between Seven, Nine and Ten web networks in Australia. Apology spoken by Seven chairman Kerry Strokes for the anticipated decline in ratings; Stance of Nine programming director Michael Healy on the issue; Television programs which will be shown by Ten in 2005.
- LATV Makes Leap to National Stage. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p42
Reports on the launch of LATV, a programming service for young Latinos, as a 24-hour, satellite-delivered cable network service in the U.S. in December 2003. Description of its programs; Number of viewers reached by LATV; Competitors.
- Selling to Operators: The New World Order. Bellville, Maggie // CableFAX Daily;1/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p4
Deals with the competition among cable television operators. Characteristics of a good television programmers; Importance of affiliate relations for competition; Suggestions for television programmers who will market their programs to operators.
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;1/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the competition among cable television firms in the U.S. as of January 2006. Launch of FiOS TV by Verizon in several communities in Texas; Comment from AT&T executive Denise Koenig regarding the company's video service launch in San Antonio, Texas; Selection of Norfolk, Virginia as...