Gavel Comes Down on Court TV
- 'Confessions' off Court TV docket. Stark, Steven J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;09/19/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 43, p4
Reports the cancellation of the reality show 'Confessions' after only two episodes from the programming of Court TV cable network in New York. Features of the show; Criticisms from the viewing public as reason for the cancellation; Implications of the decision for the network's sensitivity.
- truTV Serves Texas Tea. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;6/16/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p9
The article reviews the reality truTV show "Black Gold," which concerns the lives of the wildcatters who drill for oil in the dangerous oil fields of West Texas.
- TruTV pins Ventura. Flaherty, Mike // Daily Variety;9/30/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 61, p14
The article reports on Minnesota actor and governor Jesse Ventura's deal with American cable television network truTV to be its new reality-show host. Accordingly, Ventura will be traveling to various locales to investigate the validity of various conspiracy theories and after which he will give...
- Court TV will air 'Shocking' series. Nordyke, Kimberly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/25/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 43, p6
The article reports that Courtroom Television Network on August 24, 2006 announced a new reality series from the company Nash Entertainment, "Most Shocking." The series will focus on the most outrageous crimes caught on tape. It will feature crime footage from all over the world. "Most Shocking"...
- Marketing:. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p2
The article reports that Court TV will use America Online's television site to advertise and market its television programs. The reality series "Parco, P.I." will be promoted by Court TV.
- Disorder in the Court. Robins, J. Max // Broadcasting & Cable;4/2/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 14, p6
This article reports on Time Warner's buyout of Liberty Media, which resulted in Time Warner taking over the Court TV television network. A discussion is presented about Turner Entertainment President Steve Koonin's announcement the he is planning to change the name of the Court TV television...
- COURT TV'S NONEXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN. Paskowski, Marianne // Television Week;5/15/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on the negotiations between Liberty Media and Time Warner Cable over the ownership of Court TV. Henry Schleiff of Court TV will give up his executive position to be the nonexecutive chairman for the consolidated network. Liberty Media and Time Warner Cable had a 50 percent...
- Premieres boost cable nets. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/11/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 51, p36
Presents updates on cable television programs in the United States for the week of December 11, 2000. Debut of 'Queer As Folk,' on Showtime; Launching of a reality program on Court TV.
- Court TV to 'Chase' Comcast Subs. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p12
Reports that Court TV is teaming up with multisystem operator Comcast Corp. to run the auditions for the reality television program "The Chase: Crackdown." Amount of prize at stake for the winners of the television program; Benefits of the agreement for Comcast Corp.; Number of episodes of the...