Fox Business Net Launches Oct. 15
- Time Warner moving ahead to big battle satellite TV. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/3/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p1
Discusses the plan of Time Warner Cable to launch a 24-hour news channel in 2002. Background on the company; Information on the company's studio in Syracuse, New York; Details on the hiring plans of the company.
- Programmers stake out space on digital tiers. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p22
Reports the launching of specialized digital channels by cable television companies the United States. Strategy of Discovery Digital Networks; Digital channels of A&E Television Networks; Contents of the HBO/MaxPAk multipackage by HBO/Cinamax.
- Extensions Granted in Retrans Talks. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the disputes between cable programmers and distributors in the U.S. which led to cable systems excluding certain regional sports networks and television stations. Details of negotiations between the cable programmers Time Warner Cable and ABC Family; Effect of the disputes on...
- Cable firms, TV stations caught in war of nerves. Crabtree, Penni // San Diego Business Journal;9/13/93, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p27
Reports on the battle between San Diego's local cable operators and television stations KGTV Channel 10 and KFMB-TV Channel 8. Right of television stations to demand payment from cable operators carrying their signal; Federal Cable Act of 1992; Consumers' concern; KNSD Channel 39 and other local...
- TRIO'S FIRST PRINCIPLES. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;7/1/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 27, p20
Focuses on the drafting of converged statement of news coverage principles between TBO.com and WFLA-TV in Tampa, Florida. Details of the brief document; Correction of errors in the document.
- Thankful for campaign season. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p33
Reports on business prospects of various cable networks in Quincy, Illinois and Hannibal in Missouri and Keokuk in Iowa for the year 2002. Percentage reduction in revenue from 2000 to 2001; Business empire of television station WGEM-TV owner Quincy Newspapers.
- TV stations and cable systems agree. Rodriguez, Sandra D. // Caribbean Business;10/7/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p44
Reports on the agreement between cable television systems and television stations operating in Puerto Rico regarding stations' request for compensation for the right to broadcast their signal. Effect of the United States' congressional approval of the Cable Television Consumer Protection and...
- Cable TV firms open for negotiations. Rodriguez, Sandra D. // Caribbean Business;7/8/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p50
Reports on the impasse between cable television and Puerto Rico stations. Paying local stations for carrying their sugnals or drop them from the cable TV systems; Approval of the Cable Television Consumer Protection and Competition Act of 1992; Agreement to be reached before October 6, 1993.
- Cable out-rates networks in prime. // MediaWeek;10/9/95, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p3
Reports that prime time ratings of cable networks in the United States surged higher than television networks in the third quarter of 1995.