HBO to Go... Online
- HBO launches Web service in 2 markets. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;1/21/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 11, p3
The article announces the launching of the new broadband programming service called HBO On Broadband by Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) in Green Bay and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The new service is free and will be immediately available to subscribers of Time Warner Cable's RoadRunner Broadband....
- Broadband overtakes dial-up in Web usage. // Precision Marketing;7/22/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the increasing popularity of broadband communication systems among households in Great Britain. Factors contributing to the increase; Number of households viewing television over broadband connection; Significance of the increase to telecommunication companies.
- Broadband's Rapid Adoption. Johnson, Bradley // Television Week;2/19/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p10
The author reflects on the rapid adoption of broadband in U.S. households. He explains that broadband adoption moved quickly in part because the cable and phone wires needed for service were already largely in place. The author claims that broadband adoption changes how consumers use the...
- Nets Provide Ops With Local Motion. Forkan, Jim; Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p96
Youthful-skewing networks MTV2 and G4 are proffering co-branded Web content to local MSOs as a means to help operators sell advanced products. As its latest initiative to support its affiliates' broadband services, MTV2 unveiled "Local 360," its localized, co-branded, multi-platform effort...
- The Need for Speed. Netherby, Jennifer // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/16/2008, Vol. 404 Issue 39, p31
The article focuses on the upgrade of broadband architecture to wideband, Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS 3.0), by cable operators. It states that CableLabs Inc. is to announce the first certification for the higher-speed DOCSIS 3.0 modems in the National Cable and...
- Cable Friends And Foes. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;10/21/98, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p20
Provides information on the potentials of the partnership between Internet service providers (ISP) and cable companies. Background on the two sectors; Information on cable modem service; ISP acquisition moves by some cable companies.
- MTV to make PCs that rock. // CED;Feb2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p24
Reports the partnership of the Music Television channel (MTV) with OEM computers. Details on the line of personal computers (PC) and PC-based gear designed for entertainment; Capacity to tune at home stereos and browse the Internet from the PC of MTV.
- MEMBERS ONLY. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p26
The article provides assessment on the development of an exclusive online TV service by cable television operators for subscribers in the U.S. One executive assert that the service is powering its broadband business. Meanwhile, programmers viewed that it is a new opportunity to try to monetize...
- Carriage. Scanlon, Mavis // CableFAX Daily;10/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 199, p2
Reports on the partnership of Akimbo with cable television networks Outdoor Channel and Hallmark to offer cable television content on the Internet. Television programs included in the offer; Price of the service.