Betting on the Sock Market
- Smartwool. Rasmussen, Debbie // Bitch Magazine: Feminist Response to Pop Culture;Summer2007, Issue 36, p73
The article evaluates wool socks from Smartwool.
- Socks Appeal. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;10/2/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p25
The article focuses on the introduction of comfortable and eco-friendly socks by hosiery manufacturers. Fox River Mills has introduced a sock made of Ingeo, a fiber derived from corn silk. SmartWool came out with a washable, dryable wool sock guaranteed not to itch. Moretz Sports, a division of...
- Socks to Save the Planet. // Men's Health;Mar2005, Vol. 20 Issue 2, Special Section p38
Features a line of socks from Boulder, Colorado-based Teko which are made from organic wool and recycled plastic.
- BEST FOOT FORWARD. Kuchment, Anna // Newsweek;5/17/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 20, p66
Looks at the latest in sock fashion. Socks made to stick out under flip-flops; Split-toe socks for split-toe sneakers; Toe covers that keep feet from rubbing.
- Essentials. // Ski;Dec2011, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p60
The article offers brief information on woolens for women including TML Light Sportknit Hoody from SmartWool Corp., Jackie Shawl from Neve Designs LLC and Brit Coat from Erin Snow.
- Feats of Warmth. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Feb2006, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p27
The article focuses on the new designs of winter sports socks in the U.S. for 2006. Hosiery designers are doing a good job of wiping out a whole litany of common cold weather complaints that often interrupt fun outdoor activities. Often, wool is combined with synthetic wicking yarns to yield...
- Stock up on Socks. MELOCCO, HEIDI NYLAND // Trail Rider;Nov2011, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p16
The article features PhD Skiing socks from Smartwool.
- TREAT YOUR FEET. Anders, Mark // Boys' Life;Sep2014, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p22
The article evaluates several boys' socks, including Smartwool PHD Ultra Light Micro Sock from Smartwool, Lorpen Merino Light Hiking Sock from Lorpen, and Fits Expeditions Sock from Fits.
- The Hiker Wish List. // Backpacker;Jan2016, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p49
The article offers brief information on various products including SmartWool Charley Harper PhD Ski Medium Socks from SmartWool Corp., Backpacker Tees and Brunton Power Knife.