- In Brief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/19/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 130, p2
This section offers news briefs concerning the women's apparel industry. The Fashion Institute of Technology will mark the opening of the Rita and Bruce Roberts Room in a dedication ceremony at the institute's Robert Lagary Board Room. Kellwood Co. has agreed to acquire Royal Robbins Inc. for...
- GSI Commerce acquires VendorNet, latest in a string of buys for the firm. McKeefery, Kevin // DM News;5/17/2010, p3
The article reports on the acquisition made by GSI Commerce Inc. to the e-commerce services provider VendorNet.
- BRIEFING. // DNR: Daily News Record;6/25/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 26, p2
The article offers news briefs concerning issues in the retail and clothing trade. The article reports that Kellwood Co. is acquiring outdoor-lifestyle apparel company Royal Robbins for approximately $40 million in cash from Phoenix Footwear Group Inc. Italy's Luxottica Group SpA announced that...
- New Frontier. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p12
The article looks at the licensed products landscape. According to the article, key trends impacting the team sports licensing industry include the consolidation of licenses into a smaller group of key companies and the return of fan-driven sales. The article discusses the acquisition of Reebok...
- A league of their own. Scott, Dagny // Women's Sports & Fitness;Jun97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p23
Focuses on the long-term partnership between Nike and Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA). Sue Levin's view about the partnership; Conditions of the five-year agreement; Implication of the partnership on Nike and the WNBA; Other information.
- The Week in Review. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/8/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p22
Reports general information related to sales in New Orleans, Louisiana. Ticket sales for the National Basketball Association; Acquisition of financial firm Friedler-LaRocca Financial Partners LLC by Hibernia Corp.; Completion of agreements to exit the sulfur business and concentrate on oil and...
- Hard Rock's hoop dreams. Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar98, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p27
Reports that the National Basketball Association (NBA) and the Hard Rock Cafe, are teaming up to open at least 10 NBA theme restaurants within 1998 through 2001. When the first set of restaurants are to be opened; Comments from Hard Rock Chief Executive Officer Jim Berk; What the plans calls for.
- League Lines. // License!;Jun2006, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p30
The article offers news briefs about merchandise licensing in sports in the U.S. Adidas Corp. and the National Basketball Association (NBA) has signed a global merchandising partnership. The National Football League has signed GSI Commerce to manage and operate NFL Shop. NASCAR and Sony Pictures...
- The Buyside: eBay's Top Dealmaker Outlines M&A Strategy. Noto, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;1/28/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p3
An interview with eBay Inc. vice president of corporate development Lorraine McDonough is presented. She details how eBay has transformed itself with several acquisitions in 2012, including GSI Commerce, Where Inc. and Magento Open Source. McDonough discusses the importance comparison shopping...