- Utilizing academic detailing. Raker, Kristie; Boyd, Steven T. // Drug Topics;8/20/2007, Vol. 151 Issue 16, p62
The article reports on the utilization of Academic detailing, as part of an ongoing Continuing Education program of the University of Florida's College of Pharmacy and the journal "Drug Topics." It suggests that Academic detailing is usually performed by clinical pharmacists trained to provide...
- Industry and Academic Medicine: A Dangerous Liaison? Norris, John W. // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;Feb2004, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p5
Editorial. Reflects on the relationship of the pharmaceutical industry and academic medicine. Policy statements on new drugs and clinical practice guidelines; Evidence-based medicine; Financial resources; Safety and efficacy of approved drugs.
- Harmonizing the Cacophony: Commentary on "Status of Credentialing Alternative Providers Within A Subset of U.S. Academic Health Centers". COHEN, MICHAEL H. // Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine;Apr2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p337
The article comments on the status of credentialing alternative providers within a subset of United States Academic Health Centers. It focuses on the high prevalence of responding academic health centers incorporating massage or energy healers within their clinical care, two modalities for which...
- Tumor gene medicine. Frederickson, Robert // Nature Biotechnology;Apr99, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p318
Presents an alternative developed by scientists for the treatment of tumors. Details of the treatment; Conventional drugs that inhibit tumor growth; Scientists that developed the alternative.
- BOOK REVIEWS. Houghton, Peter J.; Marty, Alan T. // Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine;Apr2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p215
Reviews two books about alternative medicine. 'Herb Contraindications and Drug Interactions,' 3rd ed., by Francis Brinker; 'Evidence-Based Herbal Medicine,' edited by Michael Rotblatt and Irwin Ziment.
- Calcium antagonists, nitrates, and new antianginal drugs. Maclean, Derek; Feely, John // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/2/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6371, p1127
Focuses on the alternative drugs for the treatment of angina. Benefits of using calcium antagonists; Adverse effects of nitrates; Details on drug mechanisms.
- Rising to the Challenges of Evidence-Based Medicine: A Way Forward for Acupuncture. Godwin, Jacob // Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine;Nov2014, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p805
Evidence-based medicine offers important opportunities and poses critical challenges to the acupuncture profession. Having a clear understanding of what evidence-based medicine is and what it is not is necessary to understanding how the acupuncture field might benefit by adopting evidence-based...
- Pricing and reimbursement of orphan drugs: the need for more transparency. Simoens, Steven // Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p42
Pricing and reimbursement of orphan drugs are an issue of high priority for policy makers, legislators, health care professionals, industry leaders, academics and patients. This study aims to conduct a literature review to provide insight into the drivers of orphan drug pricing and...
- Shared Savings. MINICH-POURSHADI, KAREN // HealthLeaders Magazine;Jul2010, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p33
The article details the evidence-based approach to establish clinical equivalency undertaking of 34 U.S. hospitals with VHA, Inc., a national healthcare network. It mentions that the goal of the undertaking is to identify savings opportunities to cut pharmacy costs without compromising patient...
- Prescription drugs. // Crain's New York Business;4/1/96, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p30
Reports that prescription drugs are being removed from the state's contact with Medicaid health maintenance organization. Details of the alternative solution.