- Russia experiences dire shortage of therapists, pediatricians - health minister. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;8/12/2013, p1
MOSCOW. Aug 12 (Interfax) - The Russian healthcare system is experiencing a dire shortage of district therapists and pediatrician, and needs to fill about 40,000 vacancies in these medical professions, said Health Minister Veronika Skvortsova.
- How to help a choking victim. Norton, Clark // Health (Time Inc. Health);Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p24
Presents advice on first aid for choking. Symptoms of conditions which are in dire need of medical attention.
- GIRL - CRUSH ON NAYA RIVERA REQUIRES URGENT MEDICAL ATTENTION. // Diva;Jan2012, Issue 188/189, p31
The article reports on the endeavor of a fan of Naya Rivera from the television program "Glee" which is in dire need of medical attention.
- From 14-year-old sweater... it's the cake to Madonna's sexy great police jumble sale. Fiona McWhirter // Mail on Sunday;10/18/2015, p18
IT's the evidence that proves - beyond all reasonable doubt - that our police officers are in dire need of a tidy-up.
- Strengthening lifesaving medical support in Jonglei. // African Business News;6/ 6/2013, p42
The article reports on the strengthening of emergency medical and surgical capacity by the humanitarian community in South Sudan as part of the country's response to the dire health situation in Jonglei State.
- Alaska's Walker Warns of a Budget Crisis if Lawmakers Fail to Act. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34545, p1
A report issued by the Alaska governor's office outlines "dire consequences" for the state's fiscal health if the state's legislature fails to take decisive action.
- A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF BASIC HEALTH SERVICES PROVIDED IN GOVERNMENT AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS OF BHOPAL CITY. Jamra, Vishal; Bankwar, Vishal; Saxena, Dinesh M. // National Journal of Community Medicine;Jan-Mar2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p131
Background & Objectives: School health services play an important role to address the health needs of children. It ensures good current and future health and improves educational outcomes by increasing enrolment. But these are one of the most neglected services due to lack of awareness.A...
- Call for Long-Term Transport Funding Grows More Urgent. Cho, Aileen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/27/2014, Vol. 273 Issue 12, p24
Mass transit officials warn of dire infrastructure needs
- Dire Needs. // Publishers Weekly;1/9/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 2, p38
The article reviews the book "Dire Needs," by Stephanie Tyler.
- Should Congress Approve National Compulsory Medical Insurance? CON. Goin, Lowell S. // Congressional Digest;Mar1949, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p87
The social planner maintains that the state of health of the American public is deplorable and that medical neglect is a commonplace occurrence. The reason is the interposition of a financial barrier between the sick man and the doctor, and argue that to remove this barrier will solve the health...