The spirit of co-operation
- CFS Awards 5-Yr, GBP 100Mn Outsourcing Deal Extension to Xansa. // GlobalSourcingNOW;4/2/2007, p6
The article reports on the extension of the outsourcing deal between Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) and Xansa. Under the deal, Xansa will develop unified Application Development and Support service for CFS. Such service will allow CFS to be globally competitive in the financial services...
- CIS Awards 10-Yr, GBP 270Mn BPO Contract to Capita. // GlobalSourcingNOW;10/17/2007, p2
This article reports on a business outsourcing provider (BPO) contract that was awarded by Co-operative Insurance, a division of the British-based financial services company Co-operative Financial Services, to Capita over a 10-year period. According to the contract, Capita will deliver customer...
- Playing the Blame Game Over Outsourcing. // San Diego Business Journal;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p47
Comments on issues concerning outsourcing in the United States. Union members' protest against American jobs lost to outsourcing; Need to retrain laid-off workers for better jobs; Way to reduce outsourcing.
- Unrest all round. // Utility Week;9/11/2009, p32
The article presents an update on labor unrest in the utilities sector of Great Britain. An industrial action is being planned by members of the labor unions, GMB and Unison at the Newcastle, England offices of the National Grid in response to the possible outsourcing of jobs to India. A protest...
- Labor organizations report membership declined in 1974-76. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan78, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p37
Reports on the decline in trade-union membership in the U.S. from 1974 to 1976. Changes in the State and local government membership; Number of union and employee association members in manufacturing industries; Women membership in trade-unions.
- Trade-union membership is declining globally. Frazee, Valerie // Workforce;Mar98 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 77, p8
Reports on the decrease of memberships in trade-unions. Implications of the decline in the number of members to its influence; Factors contributing to the decline; Identification of the biggest single increase in trade-union membership in South Africa.
- Members and Nonmembers Determinants of Dues-Paying Membership in a Bargaining Unit. McClendon, John A. // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Spring2000, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p332
Examines the determinants of dues-paying membership in the Temple Association of University Professionals in the United States. Relationship of behavior with the attitudes about unions; Perceptions on the effectiveness of alternative faculty governance; Views on the appropriateness of...
- Regional Trends. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep2000, Vol. 123 Issue 9, p40
Presents updates on regional labor trends in the United States as of September 2000. Union membership rates by state in 1999; State multiple jobholding rates in 1999.
- Unionism and Altruism. Fiorito, Jack // Labor Studies Journal;Fall92, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p19
Reexamines factors motivating trade union support. Dissatisfaction with current job and employment conditions; Improvement in welfare of all workers; Willingness to overcome general negative image of unions.