- HR can 'prove itself' in merged councils. STEVENS, MICHELLE // People Management;11/11/2010, p8
The article highlights the statements of Graham White, human resource (HR) director of the Westminster council in Great Britain, about the merger of council services and its impact on HR.
- Take initiative on online learning, trainers urged. Rana, Eila // People Management;1/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p14
Considers the views of Paul Turner, vice-president for training and development of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, on electronic learning, or e-learning. Views on the leadership in the area of e-learning; Pieces of advice to the training community; Use of company intranet...
- Top marks for CIPD member. Crabb, Steve // People Management;2/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p9
Provides an update on employment changes by members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in Great Britain, as of February 2003. Appointment of Jean Tomlin as human resource director for Marks & Spencer; Resignation of Paul Turner as human resource business at Lloyds TSB.
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;7/28/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p11
The article announces the appointments of professor Paul Turner as executive-in-residence at the Nottingham Business School and Guy Pink as human resource director at Addaction.
- Untitled. C. B.; H. M. // Personnel Today;7/24/2007, p10
The article profiles some Human Resource (HR) executives who have been included in the jury that will select winners of the 2007 Personnel Today Awards. Paul Turner is the HR consultant and performance coach at the West Bromwich Building Society. Wendy Dean is a fellow of the Chartered Institute...
- Taking in the views. Allen, Andy // People Management;2/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p18
The article presents insights from Westminster City Council's director of human resource (HR) Graham White on how he has used Web 2.0 to boost engagement. According to White, the use of such technology offered relative accessibility. An online discussion forum that was accessible from within the...
- Change is crucial for survival. // People Management;6/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p14
Suggests several strategical approaches for human resource (HR) professionals in Great Britain to survive in the business, as discussed at the HR Forum on board the Aurora ship. Need for professionals to engage with line management according to Pauline Lucas, HR director at Hampshire County...
- Council saves Â£9m with 90% cut in HR. Fuller, Georgina // Personnel Today;9/12/2006, p3
The article reports that more than Â£9m have been saved by the Surrey County Council in the past four years by job cuts in its HR department. Graham White, Council's head of HR, said that job cut was the part of organizational restructure which led to the removal of more than 600 posts across...
- Graham White, head of HR, Surrey County Council. // IT Training;Jun2004, p48
The article presents an interview of Graham White, head of human resource (HR), Surrey County Council. He answered the query related to the key responsibilities of his job that he has three responsibilities. First is to acquire the right number and spread of people to work here. Second is to...