- Discounts Not To Be Discounted. Hatch Woodward, Nancy // HR Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p91
Examines the benefits of offering discounts to employees on the products and services offered by their companies. Significance of discount offerings on the recruitment and retention of employees; How to qualify for discounts; Standards used by companies to determine discount parameters.
- 16. Get an Employee Discount. Gearon, Christopher J. // U.S. News & World Report;Dec2010, Vol. 147 Issue 11, p40
The article presents information on how to save money by taking advantage of discounts on products offered by employers.
- McDonald's sees 60% staff take-up of new discount scheme. // Employee Benefits;Aug2010, p12
The article reports on the voluntary benefits scheme of McDonald's Corp. where more than of its employees in Great Britain had taken advantage since it was introduced in March 2010.
- What drives young staff? // Employee Benefits;Sep2002, p10
Reports on McDonald's voluntary benefits package to its young staff. Driving lessons; Mobile phones; Cinema and theme park tickets; Importance of focus groups when targeting young staff.
- Plan helps bike compliance. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;Jan2011, p9
The article reports on the plan of implementing a bikes-for-work initiative that would ensure employers to comply fully with the transfer-of-ownership regulations in Great Britain.
- Tucson Values Teachers can make a difference. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;6/1/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 53, p20
The author reflects on the significance of Tucson Values Teachers for teachers in Arizona. He notes that the Teachers discount makes teachers excited and are genuinely honored by what some local businesses are offering. He mentions the businesses and leaders who are behind the campaign, such as...
- A study in discounts. // Employee Benefits;Sep2009, p7
The article reports on the move of the Grimsby Institute of Further and Higher Education to introduce a voluntary benefits package for its staff members in England. It states that the package, named as Dragon Benefits, includes retail discounts, cash-back offers and discounts with local...
- Coming soon to a cubicle near you: virtual malls. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p48
Reports on the emergence of employer-branded shopping portals for employees. Why companies are offering discount-shopping portal services to their employees; Offerings of the shopping portals; Other companies that offer employee discount services on the Internet.
- 3M, Cisco employees offered solar power at discounts. Otto, Nick // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;10/24/2014, p1
The light is shining on 3M, Cisco, Kimberly-Clark and the National Geographical Society as the companies take steps to provide employees a first-of-its kind employee benefit: discounts on home solar power installation.