'No tax on EAPs' protest wins a government hearing
- DWP calls for help. // Employee Benefits;Aug2005, p10
Reports that the Department for Work and Pensions has launched a new employee assistance program to help staff cope with the pressures of modern life. Features of the program; Benefits to employees.
- End in sight for EAP tax row. Brockett, James // People Management;8/9/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p9
The article reports on the proposed guidelines on the taxation of certain services provided under employee assistance programs in Great Britain in 2007. Eric Marshall, chairman of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association, has lobbied politicians and officials of the Department of...
- Hotline launched to help workforce deal with stress. // Personnel Today;11/5/2002, p11
Reports that staff at the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) of Great Britain are benefiting from a employee assistance program designed to help them deal with the stresses of modern life. Number of employees that have sought for advice under the scheme; Operation of the confidential hotline.
- DWP offers EAP to 110,000. // Employee Benefits;Aug2002, p10
Reports on the Great Britain Department for Work & Pensions' expansion of its counseling and employee assistance programs. Scope of the program.
- Employer levy to fund final-salary safety net. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;6/19/2003, p8
Reports on the British Department for Work and Pensions plans to go ahead with a proposal for an insurance plan to protect members of failing final-salary schemes. Imposition of levy on employers running defined-benefit schemes by the Pensions Protection Fund; Publication of draft regulations...
- Employers welcome OH help in tackling long-term absence. Paton, Nic // Occupational Health;Feb2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the attitude of employers towards the advice of occupational health professionals on tackling long-term absence according to a research by the British Department for Work and Pensions. Lack of responsibility for dealing with longer-term absences by line managers; Actions taken by...
- NEWS FROM THE WEB. // People Management;9/2/2010, p10
This section offers news briefs related to people management in Great Britain as of September 2010. The OrgPlus human resource (HR) tool has helped tourist board organization Visit Scotland improve the efficiency of its operations. Results of a study released by the British Department for Work...
- Limited success for Pathways to Work. // Occupational Health;Jul2007, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that the British government's Pathways to Work pilots are effective at helping people on incapacity benefit back into work, but their impact is limited where people have a health condition or disability that limits their ability to carry out everyday activities. A research...
- Stringent new benefits test. // Regeneration & Renewal;7/20/2009, p8
The article reports on the work capability assessment of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to assess its incapacity benefit (IB) claimants in Great Britain. The system aims to cut the pool of 2.6 million people claiming sickness benefit in the country. Survey shows that up to 90 percent...