Do we need a single equality bill?
- 'Talk about total reward to engage public sector.'. Stevens, Michelle // People Management;3/11/2010, p10
The article focuses on the value of total reward to public sector staff despite national spending cuts which was reiterated by Gillian Hibberd, president of the Public Sector People Managers' Association.
- Buckinghamshire council's Â£7.5m-a-year outsourcing deal will challenge HR. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;8/4/2009, p3
The article reports that Gillian Hibberd, human resources (HR) chief of Buckinghamshire County Council in England, has admitted that a new 7.5m pound-a-year recruitment outsourcing deal will fundamentally change her role and present several challenges for the HR team. It has been announced by...
- LINKS & NOTES. // People Management;2/24/2011, p15
A list of the links and notes related to human resource articles published in this issue is presented including Gillian Hibberd as Buckinghamshire County Council strategic director, "Network Rail Under-reported Staff Accidents," and "The Grocers."
- BUCK STOPS HERE. Taylor, Vicki // Employee Benefits;Jan2007, p46
The article offers a look at the career profile of Buckinghamshire County Council under the administration of director Gillian Hibberd in Great Britain. It describes the changes made in the human resource department to become a top employer and provides data on its objectives for the next years...
- People on the move. // Human Resources (09648380);May2009, p15
The article announces appointments of several human resource (HR) executives including Gillian Hibberd as president of the Public Sector People Managers' Association, Jane Hanson as HR director of First Direct and Debbie Middleton as HR manager of Thorpe Malloy.
- TRAIN EYES ON BENEFITS. Golding, Nick // Employee Benefits;Mar2007, p34
The article focuses on the importance of giving training to employees which is considered a valuable benefit that helps recruit and retain staff in a company. Training employees essentially contributes a lot to the company's struggle for progress and competition with emerging economies...
- Twitter ye not. Scott, Anna // People Management;9/24/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p22
The article discusses the highlights of a "People Management (PM)" round-table discussion on the use of social networking technology in organizations. It brought together a group of experts including Gillian Hibberd of Buckinghamshire County Council, ZoÃ« Spicer of Adobe, Peter Unwin of...
- Local government HR's rich list stand by ?100,000+ pay packets. Vorster, Gareth // Personnel Today;4/8/2008, p31
The article reports that British local government human resource (HR) executives justify their six-figure reward packages, according to the public sector salary details featured in the Town Hall Rich List. Mike Cooke, director of organisation development at the London Borough of Camden, London,...
- Evolutionary leader. Williams, Helen // Personnel Today;4/28/2009, p7
The article focuses on the future work plans and priorities of Gillian Hibberd, vice-president of the Public Sector People Managers' Association (PPMA), after she takes over as the president of PPMA. She says that the public sector human resources (HR) need to evolve and she will look into this...