Equality law review backed
- Wait for consultation is nearly over. Evans, Jill // People Management;6/30/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p9
Reports on the possible completion of consultation document on age discrimination legislation in Great Britain as of June 30, 2005. Effectivity date of the legislation; Frustration of Mike Palmer, senior human resources manager at HSBC, over the document; Warning given by Dianah Worman, adviser...
- THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE LAW. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;6/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p53
This article provides information on the 2006 employment law conference of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development. Among the topical subjects at the conference are age discrimination legislation, new government strategies relating to incapacity benefit and the work and families bill....
- Work age limit end in sight. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;7/10/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the consultation paper published by the British Department of Trade and Industry concerning age discrimination legislation in the workplace. Impact of the legislation on employers; Remarks from Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development adviser Dianah Worman on the issue; Key...
- Dispute Resolution Act introduced. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Personnel Journal;Nov94, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p126
Reports on the introduction of the Employment Dispute Resolution Act of 1994 by Senator John Danforth. Alternative litigation for employment-discrimination claims.
- Overview. // Essential Guide to Federal Employment Laws (9781413308891);Apr2009, p1
The article discusses various topics related to federal employment laws in the U.S. included in the book, including the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Be fair: Pay heed to the law when recruiting or risk paying up in court. Exten-Wright, Jonathan // Cabinet Maker;08/14/98, Issue 5101, p7
Explains current employment legislation in Great Britain. Contractual offer; Job description and duties; Anti-discrimination legislation; Race, sex and disability discrimination; Reasonable adjustments to accommodate a disabled person.
- EQUALITY IN THE WORKPLACE. Callanan, Claire; Heslin, Mark // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
Provides insights on the Employment Equality Act in Ireland. Purpose of the Act; Provisions on discrimination regarding access to employment; Need for employers to review recruitment and employment practices; Concern over the consequences of the Act.
- DISCRIMINATION. Blankenhorn, David // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2014, Issue 241, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article by R. R. Reno on the aims of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act in the January 2014 issue.
- DISCRIMINATION. Reno, R. R. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2014, Issue 241, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on Employment Non-Discrimination Act.