EDITOR'S TALKING POINT
- A Glowing Interview. // Working Mother;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p28
The article focuses on tips given by branding expert Samantha Ettus for pregnant women on what to do during a job interview, such as researching the company's history and asserting work ethic and plans to manage workflow to show the capability for handling job postpartum.
- Working to term, on your terms. Carter, Thais // Modern Hygienist;Apr2007, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p46
The article presents an interview with dental hygienist Danielle Victoriano about balancing pregnancy and clinical practice. Despite being pregnant, Victoriano asserts that she plans to work for as long as she could due to her pre-booked schedules. She cites the effects of her pregnancy on her...
- Byzantine discrimination laws create catch-22s. Glenn, David J. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p4
Focuses on federal and state laws that bar discrimination in hiring and firing based on whether the prospective women employees in the U.S. Percentage of women employees in the workforce; Criticism against the law prohibiting any discrimination against pregnant women; Advice of career...
- Nanny state. Henderson, Rick // Reason;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the benefits offered by the Italian government to pregnant workers.
- Protection for the pregnant. Wade, Joanna // Management Today;Aug1998, p76
Focuses on the health and safety laws under which pregnant employees are protected in Great Britain. Details on what they are protected from; What employers should be aware of; Reference to a case where an employer who did not conduct a risk assessment had to pay a pregnant employee who went...
- Pregnant workers give birth to special risks for employers. Hager, Bill D. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/07/96, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p23
Presents strategies to protect employers regarding workplace safety issues of pregnant workers in the United States. Consequences of work-related injuries to pregnant employees; Exposure concerns; Documentation of communication with pregnant employees; Detailed job descriptions and...
- Pregnant workers give birth to special risks for employers. Hager, Bill D. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;7/8/96, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p13B
Reports on the implication of pregnant workers on economic aspects of companies. Risk-management strategies.
- Pregnant at work. Touby, Laurel // Glamour;Oct96, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p166
Offers advice for employed pregnant women. Keeping the news to oneself during the first trimester; Staying productive; Breaking the news and negotiating; Combatting denial; Relinquishing control and reassigning delegating projects. INSET: What you're entitled to by law..
- Great expectations. Malott, Kristen // Wenatchee Business Journal;Nov95, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the importance of planning for working women who are pregnant. Challenge of balancing career and family; Comments of pregnant career women in Wenatchee, Washington. INSET: What is the law about maternity leave?..