Potential Strategies for Improving Orthopaedic Education
- Brief Takes. // Positive Health;Mar2008, Issue 145, p5
The article reports global developments related to health and food policy. The Emmett Technique is a hands-on method of bodywork which has been very successful in Northern Ireland, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand. It also highlights the Nutritional Nuggets Seminar Series on "Polycstic...
- 10th Turkish Speaking Countries Summit to Take Place on September 16. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;9/13/2010, p10
The article gives brief information about the 10th summit meeting of the Turkish Speaking Countries organization which will be held in Istanbul, Turkey on September 15-16, 2010 and is expected to establish a Turkish Speaking Countries Cooperation Council.
- AVS annual symposium, Industrial Physics forum have broad appeal. // Physics Today;Sep2006, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p57
The article offers information on the 53rd annual International Symposium and Exhibition of the American Vacuum Society to be held San Francisco, California on November 12-17, 2006.
- Chavez to headline Latin and Caribbean summit. Wilkinson, Bert // New York Amsterdam News;3/1/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p14
The article offers information on the one-day summit of the Rio Group of nations to be held in Guyana.
- Mexico summit calls for greater commitment to health research. Abbasi, Kamran // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/27/2004, Vol. 329 Issue 7477, p1258
Reports on the Global Forum for Health Research held in Mexico. Summit which featured 58 ministries of health from around the world which called on governments to fund the necessary health research to reduce inequity and social injustice in world health; 10 point plan which was agreed on by the...
- Toward a transdisciplinary understanding and a global control of emerging infectious diseases. Gonzalez, Jean-Paul; Lambert, Gérard; Legand, Anaïs; Debré, Patrice // Journal of Infection in Developing Countries;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p903
The Franceville International Centre for Medical Research (CIRMF) organized a first international symposium on infectious diseases, environments, and biodiversity. Over 200 international experts gathered in Gabon to forecast and work to prevent the emergence of infectious diseases. This...
- Training local researchers in poor countries is the best way to improve health worldwide. Richards, Tessa // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/22/2008, Vol. 337 Issue 7680, p1195
The article reports that health policy experts have determined that training young researchers in low income countries is the best way for wealthy countries to invest in global health. The experts met in Washington, D.C. to discuss the role of science in the advancement of global health...
- Educational opportunity, interaction with thought leaders abound on the Big Island. Brockenbrough, Gina // Orthopedics Today;Dec2009, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p28
The article offers information on the "Orthopedics Today" Hawaii 2010 meeting of orthopedic surgeons in January.
- The Parekh Indo-US Foot and Ankle Surgery Course. Haytmanek Jr., C. Thomas // Duke Orthopaedic Journal;Jul2011-Jun2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article offers information on the third annual US-Indo Foot and Ankle Surgery Course sponsored by the Parekh Family Foundation held at Max Hospital in New Delhi, India from January 19-21, 2012. The aim of the course was to elevate foot and ankle pathology in India. Main presenters included...