Scoliosis in Patients with Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Obesity Negatively Affects Spinal Surgery in Idiopathic Scoliosis. Hardesty, Christina; Poe-Kochert, Connie; Son-Hing, Jochen; Thompson, George // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Apr2013, Vol. 471 Issue 4, p1230
Background: Are obese patients with idiopathic scoliosis undergoing spinal surgery at higher risk for perioperative complications? This is not clearly understood. One previous study showed a greater preoperative thoracic kyphosis but no increase in perioperative complications....
- When We Found Out Our Daughter Had CMT. Beron, Herb // Exceptional Parent;Aug2009, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p36
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of having a daughter with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disorder (CMT).
- CMT, a life sentence not a death sentence. Williamson, Alex // Practical Neurology (BMJ Publishing Group);Apr2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p105
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of how she struggled with the neuromuscular disease called Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) and how she became a trustee of the organisation CMT UK.
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth. Harris, N. // British Dental Journal;2/28/2009, Vol. 206 Issue 4, p187
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses a case of a patient diagnosed with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease.
- Anesthesia for cesarean section in a parturient with Charcot—Marie—Tooth disease: unresolved controversies. Kuczkowski, Krzysztof; Fernández, Claudia; Drobnik, Leon; Chandra, Susilo // Archives of Gynecology & Obstetrics;Dec2010, Vol. 282 Issue 3, p347
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the case of a 26-year-old G1P0 female who was diagnosed with Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) disease due to the injection of spinal anesthesia for cesarian delivery.
- Complications in spinal deformity surgery in the United Kingdom: 5-year results of the annual British Scoliosis Society National Audit of Morbidity and Mortality. Divecha, Hiren; Siddique, Irfan; Breakwell, Lee; Millner, Peter // European Spine Journal;Apr2014 Supplement, Vol. 23, p55
Purpose: To provide a 5-year national overview of corrective spinal deformity surgery in the United Kingdom. Methods: Since 2008, the British Scoliosis Society has collected predefined data on spinal deformity surgeries carried out by its members. Participating units collect and submit annual...
- Case Studies of Transcranial Electrical Motor Evoked Potentials (TCeMEP) on Patients with Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease during Posterior Spinal Instrumentation and Fusion. Schmidt, Robert; Mani, Prasitha; Weber, Deborah // Neurodiagnostic Journal (ASET - The Neurodiagnostic Society);Jun2015, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p97
Neuromuscular disease can present many challenges to monitoring technologists in the operating room. This became evident when we received a request to monitor a patient with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease during posterior spinal instrumentation and fusion for scoliosis. It has been well documented...
- Central Nervous System Demyelination in a Charcot-Marie-Tooth Type 1A Patient. Koros, Christos; Evangelopoulos, Maria-Eleftheria; Kilidireas, Costas; Andreadou, Elisabeth // Case Reports in Neurological Medicine;2013, p1
Introduction. Central nervous system involvement, either clinical or subclinical, has been reported mainly in X-linked Charcot- Marie-Tooth (CMT-X) patients. Case Presentation. We present the case of a 31-year-oldman with a genetically confirmed history of CMT1A who developed CNS involvement...
- Factores pronÃ³sticos de la conducta quirÃºrgica del pie en pacientes con Charcot-Marie-Tooth. Fernández, Henry Juver Vergara; García, Norberto Leyva; Hernández, Saúl Renan León; Alberto, Alberto García // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;jul/ago2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p196
The atrophy muscular peronea or illness of CMT is the most common outlying neuropathy, with a prevalence of 1:2500. Main objective. Establish factors presage of the surgical procedures of the foot of patient with CMT. Material and methods. Thirty one patients were revised with the clinical...