Sciatic Nerve Release Following Fracture or Reconstructive Surgery of the Acetabulum
- Functional Outcome after Operative Treatment of Displaced Fractures of the Acetabulum: A 12-month to 5-year Follow-up Investigation. Giordano, Vincenzo; do Amaral, Ney Pecegueiro; Franklin, Carlos Eduardo; Pallottino, Alexandre; e Albuquerque, Rodrigo Pires; Giordano, Marcos // European Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery;Oct2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p520
To review our experience with 82 surgically treated displaced acetabular fractures over a 4-year period. Ninety-three consecutive displaced acetabular fractures were consecutively operated on at Level I Trauma Center from January 1, 2000 through December 31, 2003, and 82 were available for...
- Pathological dislocation of the hip due to coxotuberculosis in children: a 29-case report. Xin Jiang; Yuan Li; Lijun Liu; MingXin Peng; XueYang Tang; DaoXi Wang; XiaoDong Yang // Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Research;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
Background: The aim of this study is to evaluate the clinical outcome of various surgery methods in children suffering pathological dislocation of the hip joint due to coxotuberculosis. Patients and methods: From January 2006 to January 2011, 29 children with coxotuberculosis hip dislocation...
- Oral Communications. // Journal of Orthopaedics & Traumatology;Nov2010, Vol. 11, p1
No abstract available.
- Oral Communications. // Journal of Orthopaedics & Traumatology;Oct2013 Supplement, Vol. 14, p1
The article presents abstracts on medical topics including skeletal injuries in the emergency, definitive treatment of articular fractures, and articular reconstruction in complex acetabulum fractures.
- Comparative Study of W-Shaped Angular Plate and Reconstruction Plate in Treating Posterior Wall Fractures of the Acetabulum. Zhang, Qi; Chen, Wei; Wu, Xiaobo; Su, Yanling; Hou, Zhiyong; Zhang, Yingze // PLoS ONE;Mar2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Objective: This study aims to assess the medium-term results of the reconstruction of posterior wall fractures using a W-shaped acetabular angular plate (WAAP) compared to those fixed using a reconstruction plate. Methods: Between July 2006 and March 2009, we performed a retrospective study,...
- Na+/H+ Exchanger-1 Inhibitors Reduce Neuronal Excitability and Alter Na+ Channel Inactivation Properties in Rat Primary Sensory Neurons. Chang-Ning Liu; Chris J. Somps // Toxicological Sciences;Jun2008, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p346
Inhibitors of the Na+/H+ exchanger isoform 1 (NHE-1) have been associated with peripheral neuropathy in rats and dogs. Recent studies suggest that NHE-1 plays an important role in mediating neuronal excitability. To investigate potential NHE-1-mediated mechanisms contributing to neuronal...
- Experimental Study of the Etiology and Pathogenesis of Sciatic Neuropathy under Conditions of Therapy for Ischium Fractures. Varsegova, T.; Antonov, N. // Bulletin of Experimental Biology & Medicine;Apr2012, Vol. 152 Issue 6, p752
Surgical (with external fi xation device; series I) and conservative (series II) treatment of experimental unilateral transverse fracture of the body and ramus of ischium was carried out in 35 mongrel dogs. Roentgenometry, pathological, and histological studies showed sciatic nerve injury in...
- What's your diagnosis? // AAOS Now;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p40
The article provides an information on the diagnosis of a fractured polyethylene liner which is an unusual but can result from progressive, long-term wear and often occurs at the superior edge of the acetabulum.
- SUBCHONDRAL INSUFFICIENCY FRACTURE OF THE FEMORAL HEAD AND ACETABULUM. Motomura, Gore; Yamamoto, Takuaki; Miyanishi, Keita; Noguchi, Yasuo; Iwamoto, Yukihide; Shirasawa, Kenzo // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jul2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 7, p1205
Reports on the case of an early-stage subchondral insufficiency fracture in which histological sections were obtained from both the femoral head and acetabulum. Case history; Histological findings; Differential diagnosis.