Use of Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate and C-Reactive Protein Level to Diagnose Infection Before Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Erratum to: Relationship of serum IL-6, C-reactive protein, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and knee skin temperature after total knee arthroplasty: a prospective study. Honsawek, Sittisak; Deepaisarnsakul, Benjamad; Tanavalee, Aree; Sakdinakiattikoon, Manoon; Ngarmukos, Srihatach; Preativatanyou, Kanok; Bumrungpanichthaworn, Piyanuch // International Orthopaedics;Nov2011, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p1749
A correction to the article "Relationship of serum IL-6, C-reactive protein, erythrocyte sedimentation rate and knee skin temperature after total knee arthroplasty: A prospective study," that was published in the July 22, 2011 issue is presented.
- Tumor necrosis factor-Î± as a biomarker of infection in total knee arthroplasty. Chana-Rodríguez, F.; Guisáosla-Zulueta, M. C.; Sánchez-Heredero, J. De las Heras; Villanueva-Martínez, M.; Calvo-Haro, J. A.; Vaquero-Martín, J. // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;sep/oct2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p298
No abstract available.
- Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio (NLR) distribution shows a better kinetic pattern than C-reactive protein distribution for the follow-up of early inflammation after total knee arthroplasty. Yombi, J.; Schwab, P.; Thienpont, E.; Yombi, J C; Schwab, P E // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Oct2016, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p3287
Purpose:This study aimed to assess whether the neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio (NLR) distribution could have a better kinetic pattern than C-reactive protein (CRP) distribution to evaluate early post-operative inflammation after total knee arthroplasty (TKA). Methods:A...
- Normative Temporal Values of CRP and ESR in Unilateral and Staged Bilateral TKA. Kwan Park; Su Yoon; Kyoung Park // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Jan2008, Vol. 466 Issue 1, p179
AbstractÂ Â C-reactive protein (CRP) and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) play helpful roles in determining the presence of infection after TKA. To provide baseline values, we documented normative temporal values of CRP and ESR in unilateral and staged bilateral TKAs for osteoarthritis....
- The C-reactive protein level after total knee arthroplasty is gender specific. Windisch, Christoph; Brodt, Steffen; Roehner, Eric; Matziolis, Georg // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Oct2016, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p3163
Purpose:Laboratory diagnostics are part of the routine before and after operations. In all specialist surgical disciplines, including orthopaedic surgery, the acute-phase protein CRP is used to detect inflammatory processes, especially infections. The potential influence of patient...
- Serum concentrations of interleukin-6 in patients following unilateral versus bilateral total knee arthroplasty. Hajime Kugisaki; Motoki Sonohata; Mitsunori Komine; Kenji Tsunoda; Shinsuke Someya; Hidefumi Honke; Masaaki Mawatari; Takao Hotokebuchi // Journal of Orthopaedic Science;Jul2009, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p437
Abstract BackgroundÂ Â Surgical stress is known to affect body temperature, white blood cell (WBC) count, C-reactive protein (CRP), and interleukin-6 (IL-6). The aim of the present study was to investigate which parameter is most suitable for quantitative analysis of surgical stress. ...
- Comparison of three different tourniquet application strategies for minimally invasive total knee arthroplasty: a prospective non-randomized clinical trial. Huang, Ze; Pei, Fu; Ma, Jun; Yang, Jing; Zhou, Zong; Kang, Peng; Shen, Bin // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Apr2014, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p561
Introduction: It is still controversial on the optimal timing of tourniquet used in total knee arthroplasty (TKA). Most previous studies focused on the comparison of different tourniquet application in controversial TKA, while the aim of our work was to compare three strategies of tourniquet...
- Does post-operative knee awareness differ between knees in bilateral simultaneous total knee arthroplasty? Predictors of high or low knee awareness. Nielsen, Katrine; Thomsen, Morten; Latifi, Roshan; Kallemose, Thomas; Husted, Henrik; Troelsen, Anders; Nielsen, Katrine Abildgaard; Thomsen, Morten Grove // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Oct2016, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p3352
Purpose:To evaluate the difference in post-operative knee awareness between knees in patients undergoing bilateral simultaneous total knee arthroplasty (TKA) and to assess factors predicting high or low knee awareness. Methods:This study was conducted on 99 bilateral...
- Modes of Failure and Preoperative Evaluation. Saleh, Khaled J.; Clark, Charles R.; Rand, James A.; Brown, Gregory A. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2003, Vol. 85-A Issue 3, p21
Reports on assessment at the site of total knee arthroplasty to determine diagnosis and treatment plan. Requirement for complete history, physical examination and radiographic assessment; Evaluation of the type and location of pain; Identification of radiolucent lines for implant fixation.