Software Solutions Drive Convergence
- Virtualization gains ground. Chu, Francis // eWeek;3/15/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p55
The list of server virtualization applications and vendors is growing. And it is no wonder. Server virtualization allows companies to reduce costs and improve system utilization and provides a measure of flexibility and security when testing new applications and migrating old ones. The server...
- Microsoft: Dynamic new branding. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Nov2005, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p176
The article reports that Microsoft Corp. has announced new branding for its business solutions division. Over the years, the company has realized that its decision to provide information on its future plans for business applications has not always been well-received by the market. Organizations...
- Weighing up the security options. // Computer Weekly;4/25/2006, p24
The article presents information related to information security. It is reported that the 11 commandments on security infrastructure provide a rapid evolution to a new security paradigm. Moreover, it is informed that the Jericho group, which is backed by many FTSE 100 companies, has been...
- ERP upgrade to lift support burden. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;1/30/2007, p10
The article reports on the move of BT Europe, the forklift truck manufacturing division of Toyota, to replace its heavily customized Movex application with the latest version from Lawson Software. According to the company, the upgrade was necessary to rein in spiralling software customization...
- Reducing Risk. Finkelstein, Sydney; Jackson, Eric M. // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p9
Describes the SMART Early-Warning System which constantly scans the environment for relevant information providing time-sensitive critical information on the barriers that prevent them from fully executing their stated vision and strategy. Efforts of many firms to better manage exposure to...
- Chasing the Tail of the BEAST. Linthicum, David S. // Software Magazine;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the challenges and trends in application software integration. Background of software application technology; Factors that contributed to the success and failure of application integration; Issues of performance and scalability in integration design; Representative application...
- PLOG! Ybarra, Ian // Inc.;Sep2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p24
Provides information on plogs, a web-based business tool. Features of plogs; Modification which can be implemented on plogs; Efficacy of the Basecamp software.
- New firm Brings OLAP Picture To Region. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/28/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 26, pB9
Discusses the use of OLAP, a category of software that enables executives understand a range of information about their firms. Features; Functions; Advantages.
- Yelp. BERRY, EMI // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2014, Issue 166, p12
The article offers information on the application Yelp which provides reviews, ratings and photographs of various businesses in an area.