Defense Department Aims at Shared Physical Security Architecture
- Near East South Asia Center for Strategic Studies. // DISAM Journal of International Security Assistance Management;Winter2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p23
The article focuses on the Near East South Asia Center for Strategic Studies (NESA), launch in 2000. The Center concentrates on a multilateral approach to addressing regional security concerns by providing a forum for the examination of the security environment of the region. Details related to...
- NATIONAL SECURITY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Indonesia;Aug2007, p8
The article presents information on the national security of Indonesia. The Tentara Nasional Indonesia (TNI) is the armed forces of the country which has a total of approximately 350,000 members including the navy, army, air force and marines. It is noted that the military maintained a prominent...
- The UK's Military Makeover. McKenna, Ted // Journal of Electronic Defense;Mar2004, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p35
Reports on the plan of transforming the armed forces in Great Britain into a more efficient and technologically savvy group by the Secretary of the Ministry of Defense. Emulation of the U.S. in detailing the planned changes; Application of precision weapons, lighter and more rapidly deployable...
- The command's top priorities. Bradley, John A. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2007, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p2
The article presents author's appreciation on the role of the U.S. Air Force Reserve in winning the Global War on Terror. It noted that the Reservists remain dedicated and committed to the same priorities as the regular Air Force despite the sacrifices of families, employers and the Reservists...
- Around the Services. High, Gil // Soldiers;May2001, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p36
Presents news briefs on the United States Armed Forces as of May 2001. Earthquake relief to India; Air Force tour to reach out potential recruits; Inspection of cargo aboard container ships in the Persian Gulf by the Navy; Visit of Marine Corps veterans to Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
- STARTING FROM SCRATCH: ESTABLISHING THE BUNDESLUFTWAFFE AS A MODERN AIR FORCE, 1955-1960. Corum, James S. // Air Power History;Summer2003, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p16
Recounts the rebuilding of the German Air Force in 1955 with assistance from the United States Air Force. Policies and goals for German rearmament; Implementation of training program to accompany the rebuilding of military infrastructure; Maturation of the restructuring program.
- From the Editor. // Air Power History;Spring2008, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Jeff Duford on air force heritage and history in artifacts and another by George Marrett on his experience of flying chase behind North American Aviation XB-70 Valkyrie.
- Defense Forces. // Lithuania Country Review;2013, p71
The article offers information on the defense forces of Lithuania which is controlled by the country's Defense Ministry and is comprised of the Air Force, the Border Police and the Home Guard.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;1/19/1963, Vol. 38 Issue 48, p132
A joke about the air force of Indonesia is presented.