What Fire Alarm Inquiring Minds Want to Know
- Expand the industry before the outsiders move in. Smith, Ed // Contractor Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the rapidly expanding market of the fire sprinkler industry in the United States. Shortage of fitters, designers and managers; Non-union contractors' expansion; Efforts in promoting participation in the sprinkler field.
- We need better and more knowledgeable competitors. Smith, Ed // Contractor Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p64
Focuses on developments pertaining to the fire sprinkler industry in the United States. Competitors who know the difference between volume and profit; Competitors who keep track of their costs; Knowledge and expertise in fire sprinklers; Ability to succeed; Analysis of strength and weaknesses;...
- FIRE PROTECTION EQUIPMENT. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2003, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p18
Presents a list of companies producing fire protection equipment in the U.S.
- MANUFACTURER DIRECTORY. // Fire Engineering;Jan2009, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p118
A directory for manufacturers in Canada and the different states in the U.S. is presented.
- CALENDAR. // Fire Chief;Mar2008, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p16
A calendar of events for the fire service industry in April 2008 is presented which includes the National Fire & Emergency Services Dinner & Seminars on 2-3, the 32nd Annual Fire and Life Safety Conference on 16-18 and the Technical Large-Animal Rescue Training on 18-20.
- Fires in old commercial occupancies. Pressler, Bob // Fire Engineering;Aug95, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on the control of fires in old commercial buildings. Size-up of conditions by the first-arriving fire services unit; Initial orders by the officer of the first-arriving engine company; Assistance of ladder companies; Construction features that increase the likelihood of fire extension.
- Fire drill. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p64
Highlights the importance of taking fire precautions in the commercial facilities to ensure safety and well-being of employees and property. Views of Tommy E. Jones, the fire marshal for Griffin, Georgia, on causes of fire, and the suggested preventive measures; Importance of routine...
- Inspection sampling plans and fire protection hardware... Kaminski, Edward J. // PM Engineer;May97, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p22
Proposes the use of statistical methods in the fire protection industry to simplify production monitoring and preventive maintenance. Coverage of inspection of fire protection devices; Role of statistical methods on Statistical Process Control (SPC), Total Quality Management (TQM), and the...
- Fire protection. // American School & University;Mar1995, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p60
Presents a directory of American companies that supply fire protection devices. Includes G.S. Edwards; Grinnell; Isolatek International.