'Beta Site' World: Testing the Product Potential
- METRO-NORTH SET TO GET SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS. Lungariello, Mark // Westchester County Business Journal;11/24/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 47, p18
The article reports that New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority board is to discuss whether it will approve installing surveillance cameras on 2,064 Metro-North and Long Island Rail Road cars.
- Transit security What more can be done? Luczak, Marybeth // Railway Age;Sep2005, Vol. 206 Issue 9, p37
Focuses on the efforts of U.S. transit agencies to implement systemwide police presence and mobilized employees as security personnel in stations and onboard trains. Information on the Integrated Electronic Security System/Command, Communication and Control program by the New York Metropolitan...
- Hevesi Report: MTA Security Getting Better, Despite Capital Program Delays. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32331, p6
The article discusses a report on the New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (MTA) security program, released by state comptroller Alan Hevesi. The report claims that the MTA has improved security through operational changes despite the delay in the schedule and the increase in...
- Subway spies. Beazant, Gareth // Professional Engineering;9/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p26
The article reports that New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority has awarded a $212 million contract for security systems in city's subway to Lockheed Martin Corp. The authority estimates that the Integrated Electronic Security System, Command, Communication and Control project...
- Another set of eyes in the cab. Franz, Justin // Trains;Jun2014, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses plans of railroads and regulators across North America to install inward-facing cab cameras to keep an eye on train crews while they work. Topics discussed include Metropolitan Transportation Authority's installation of inward-facing cab cameras in its 2 commuter...
- Plan to Restructure MTA Debt Still on the Agenda. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p6
Reports on efforts of officials of New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to fund a five-year capital plan as of December 2000. Efforts to restructure all outstanding debt; Creation of escrow accounts where money will be placed to pay off debts; Other plans of officials.
- MTA Approves 2002 Budget. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p2
Reports on the approval of the 2002 operating budget by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York City, New York as of December 2001. Details of the budget; Increase in budgetary allocations made in the budget compared to the previous budget; Proposed sale of refunding bonds...
- Monster MTA Deal Gets Put On Fast Track. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p1
Reports the debt refinancing of Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. Value of debt; Features of the offering; Consolidation of the credit of MTA.
- MTA: Here We Come. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p1
Reports the financial management of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York City. Debt of the MTA; Amount of the New York paper bond sale; Statement of MTA finance director Kim Paparello concerning the selling of the transportation bonds.